(Topic ID: 186341)

Eight Ball Deluxe VS Eight Ball Deluxe LE?

By Jesterfunhouse

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are there differences on the PLAYFIELD between the standard and LE”

• No - Identical playfield just the head/backglass is different 6 votes
    67%
  • Yes - playfield is different but the parts are all the same 0 votes
  • Totally different game 0 votes
  • The "Marlboro Man" modeled for the backglass picture... 3 votes
    33%

(9 votes)

#1 7 years ago

Hey Everyone! I am shopping out an Eight Ball Deluxe "LE" for a customer. Is the Playfield including plastics, drop targets, pop bumper caps all identical to the Standard Eight Ball Deluxe? Is the only difference the "head/backglass" or are there additional features/Roms as well as features on the playfield that would be different when I am looking for parts?

Thanks! Also how rare is the LE vs the standard and is it more sought after?

#2 7 years ago

I know one thing for sure that the le is the least sought after, pretty sure the playfield is the same but not 100%

#3 7 years ago

You should also note there's two different non-LE versions. At a minimum, one has individual lamp sockets and one uses some boards to mount them

#4 7 years ago

I just found this on IPDB...

This Limited Edition version EBD differs from the original 1981 version as follows:
1) Apron (cardholder) is black and shows Bally.
2) Cabinet art is different and uses gold, black and red.
3) Backbox is much smaller, with scoring displayed separately.
4) Some games have their playfield lamps mounted on PCB boards; some games entirely use individual lamp sockets.

#5 7 years ago

What about the playfield posts/sizes/colors and lane guides? The machine I am working on seems to have a hodge podge used I will post pictures when I have it set up. There is red, blue, white ribbed /jeweled. Any preference there or standard?

#6 7 years ago

This has been covered in other EBD threads. Conduct a Google search for RGP, PinSide, and other forums for lists.
There are more than two types of EBDs.
There are multiple differences between 81, 82, and 84 versions including wiring, electronics, cabinets, basic parts, and cosmetics.

The LE is the least collectible of all versions, and the hardest to work on due to the compression of the boardset in the miniature backbox.

If there are still questions, PM.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-vs-eight-ball-deluxe-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.