Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Just installed Rottendog voltage regulator board BPS022 as a direct replacement for Bally AS 2518-22 and also Rottendog power module board BPS054 as a direct replacement for Bally AS 2518-54. The machine was working okay before, but I wanted to have new boards as the old ones looked tired. On power up, the two blue wires that come from the transformer and plug into J6 started to burn!! Fuses F3 and F1 blew. On the J6 connector, there are 4 other red/brown wires that didn't get hot. What would have caused that? The machine is on european voltage, the new boards are supposed to be plug and play, so I don't see what I could have done wrong to cause this. Help please!!

#2 4 years ago

It sounds like the J6 connector was installed the wrong way. Post some pictures of the Rottendog rectifier board around J6 with and without your J6 connector installed - maybe there was a manufacturing error with the rectifier board.

#3 4 years ago

Are you sure the machine was properly jumpered for your European voltages?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-transformer-voltage-board-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.