Screenshot_20210807-182335.png
PXL_20210807_181013442 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210807_180903058 (resized).jpg
Inkeddiag_LI (resized).jpg
diodes (resized).jpg
23799EBE-C50E-4609-A66B-0089460BC98E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20210803_155132250 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210803_154852416.MP (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rikoshay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 2 years ago

looking at the schematics I see 85 being the colours for the wires for the 7 DT bank, being black with a white tracer.

i see you have black with a red tracer which would be 81. Maybe Bally made a change? I see 81 being for the RH slingshot.

both of your solenoids are wired incorrectly.

yes the grey with red goes to the middle lug, but the black with red (in your case, if it is definitely correct) goes to the left hand lug with the coil upside down, the non banded diode side.
only 2 of the 3 lugs have wires going to them, on both of the coils.

#6 2 years ago

your diodes look to be the correct way in your first pic.

https://www.euro-pinball.de/en/Coil-NB-26-1900-Drop-target-reset.html

so looking at the above link, you solder the black with ? wires to the right hand lug and the grey wires to middle, leaving the left hand diode banded end bare.

so upside down it will be same but look opposite for the black wires, just ensure they don't go to lug with the banded end of the diodes.

#8 2 years ago

your welcome

well one down off the list......what's next?

#27 2 years ago

sorry for the delay, no internet for 3 days.

guessing you know, but the ball thing wired in parallel with the 1N4004 is also a diode

have you checked the solenoid expander relay? dry joints? plate in relay making and breaking contacts ?

#35 2 years ago

you could try removing the SEB and checking for continuity between the 43VDC supply pins 4 & 9 to pins 7 & 5.

assuming the schematic shows 'at rest, not energised', pins 4 & 9 should only make contact to pin 7,
and when energised pin 4 should only make contact to pin 5

also check that there is NOT any continuity between pins 5 & 7

the SEB switches the 43VDC supply by means of a relay that is energised by the lamp driver board.

going over the thread the initial oddity i spotted was the wrong colour wire going to the 7 DT bank coils, you have black with a red being 81 when the manual shows, it is black with a white wire being 85.
this here may be the problem, you mentioned leaving for another time, i'd be ensuring no hacks have taken place and any incorrect joining/splicing of wires.

also meticulously check the back of the 7 DT bank coils, there's a lot going on in a small space and very easy for wires/components to be accidentally touching.
also unlikely, but the one of capacitors may be shorted?

Also is the 4 DT bank wired correctly?

added some pics, may/may not be of use? last pic is of the 4 DT bank solenoid

IMG_3823 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3823 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3838 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3838 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3854 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3854 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3943 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_3943 (Medium) (resized).JPG
#37 2 years ago

i have stacks of pics, so please ask if you need something in particular.

firstly drain the capacitor of any charge by touching the legs on a piece of metal, at the same time.
i put my multimeter on a high resistance setting, put a probe on each leg and you will/should notice the resistance increasing......this being the capacitor charging.
but that was before you could buy one of these, a component tester, there are heaps available, for example:

ebay.com link: itm

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rikoshay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-solenoid-problem?tu=Rikoshay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.