(Topic ID: 299531)

Eight ball deluxe rubbers...white or black?

By DreB

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“New rubbers”

• White 12 votes
    86%
  • Black 2 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 14 votes)

#1 2 years ago

I know it's a question of preference but I recently purchased a 1984 EBD and I'm wondering if I should go black or white on my new rubbers kit. Was the white standard when new? #eightballdeluxe.

Tks.

#2 2 years ago

Edit- Looking at the flyers the original 81 had yellow flipper rubbers and the Limited Edition had red.

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

I know it's a question of preference but I recently purchased a 1984 EBD and I'm wondering if I should go black or white on my new rubbers kit. Was the white standard when new? #eightballdeluxe.
Tks.

White for more action, and because it's OG.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Edit- Looking at the flyers the original 81 had yellow flipper rubbers and the Limited Edition had red.

Yeah, I think Mr Black hat had was more of a yellow cowboy

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from DreB:

Tks.

For what I know, standard pins got white rubbers (only for the flippers who where red) til end of 80's. Black ones come up with the 90's.
On all GTB and Bally I own (70's and 80's) only whites are on.

#6 2 years ago

I'd always use white myself and it is correct for the game, but since it's the 84 version with the black cabinet and apron, black might not look half bad and excluding the flippers there isn't really a ton of rubbers on the playfield anyway. I wouldn't mind at least seeing what one looked like with 'em.

#7 2 years ago

The machine was originally shipped with white rubbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-rubberswhite-or-black and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.