(Topic ID: 299531)

Eight ball deluxe rubbers...white or black?

By DreB

57 days ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 56 days ago by KenLayton
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“New rubbers”

• White 12 votes
    86%
  • Black 2 votes
    14%

(Multiple choice - 14 votes)

#1 57 days ago

I know it's a question of preference but I recently purchased a 1984 EBD and I'm wondering if I should go black or white on my new rubbers kit. Was the white standard when new? #eightballdeluxe.

Tks.

#2 57 days ago

Edit- Looking at the flyers the original 81 had yellow flipper rubbers and the Limited Edition had red.

#3 57 days ago
Quoted from DreB:

I know it's a question of preference but I recently purchased a 1984 EBD and I'm wondering if I should go black or white on my new rubbers kit. Was the white standard when new? #eightballdeluxe.
Tks.

White for more action, and because it's OG.

#4 56 days ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Edit- Looking at the flyers the original 81 had yellow flipper rubbers and the Limited Edition had red.

Yeah, I think Mr Black hat had was more of a yellow cowboy

#5 56 days ago
Quoted from DreB:

Tks.

For what I know, standard pins got white rubbers (only for the flippers who where red) til end of 80's. Black ones come up with the 90's.
On all GTB and Bally I own (70's and 80's) only whites are on.

#6 56 days ago

I'd always use white myself and it is correct for the game, but since it's the 84 version with the black cabinet and apron, black might not look half bad and excluding the flippers there isn't really a ton of rubbers on the playfield anyway. I wouldn't mind at least seeing what one looked like with 'em.

#7 56 days ago

The machine was originally shipped with white rubbers.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside