• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

27C32B_NS_Programming.png
27C801_Programming.png
20221109_114000 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fb_rider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Are there any software updates available for the Eight Ball Deluxe 1981? I see something about a version 32 that adds some cool features, but can't seem to find the code anywhere?

#3 1 year ago

That’s the only one I can find and can’t seem to get it to work. Maybe because I don’t think my ROMs are original.

#5 1 year ago

Which file is it? There are several.

#7 1 year ago

Thanks slochar, I’ll dig through it. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of read me files there unfortunately.

#8 1 year ago

I may need some help with my new GQ-4x4 programmer. Last night a programmed a new Seawitch v8 chip for my weebly board and it worked perfectly. Today I've tried copying the existing U2 and U6 on a 2732 chip and they didn't work. I also tried downloading the U2 and U6 from ipdb and they didn't work either - the game won't boot up. I'm using 2732 chips as that is what the current ones are marked. Any input would be appreciated!

#10 1 year ago

The Weebly is in the Seawitch. The Eight Ball Deluxe has the original board in it. It works fine with the chips that are in it - just trying to play around with my new programmer.

#12 1 year ago

Yep the patching didn't work at all for me. It kept telling me that a file was missing. It created it but then said it was invalid. It was something like 8bd900.bin.

I'll probably end up getting a Weebly hoard for the EBD, but really wanted to master this chip programming stuff

I used one of the first links that has a U2 and U6 file. It completed properly but the machine won't boot up with them. I got a power supply for the programmer today so we'll see if that helps. Also considering using 2532 instead of 2732 chips, but the current ones are 2732 so that doesn't seem to make sense.

#14 1 year ago

Great advice, I will try this tonight. Thank you!

#22 1 year ago

Starting to wonder if my 2732 chips are bad, but also starting to wonder about low voltage weak burn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 10.00
$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fb_rider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-rom-upgrades?tu=fb_rider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.