8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Farmboss
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Farmboss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I am having an issue with my 8 ball Dx LE. The game has no power to any solenoids. I have checked all fuses including the 1 amp slow blow under the playfield. I get seven flashes on the MPU and all lights and sounds work. The light on the solenoid expander board is good and I hear it click when I do the light test.

Checking the Rectifier AS2518-54 I get the following readings
TP1=7 vdc
TP2=45 vdc
TP3=16.3 vdc
TP4=-1.3 vdc
TP5=45.1 vdc

I think those are all in spec except for TP4. I read that TP4 has something to do with the general illumination, but I have good lights.

Should I rebuild the rectifier or is the issue somewhere else?

Thanks!

#4 8 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys. I pulled the solenoid board and gave it a good once over. I had replaced the caps recently thinking that was my cause. I tested the voltage on this board and was getting some strange readings. There appears to be at least one transistor that looks bad (white almost moldy looking) I am thinking this board is causing my issue. I will most likely send it off for a rebuild and test by someone better at this than me.

Thanks again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Farmboss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-rectifier-voltage?tu=Farmboss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.