6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dppe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dppe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Recently I purchased a 1981 Eight Ball Deluxe. I am having 2 problems with it which I hope I can get
help with.
First of all when starting a game on the first ball when going over either the top A or B rollover
it fires the knocker and awards a free game. After the first time it does not continue doing it.

Second of all at times I have to turn the game off and on to get the sound on the game working fully which sounds like a loose wire or short somewhere.

I am not the most skilled person in game repair so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time in helping me out.
Dana

#4 6 years ago

yes, I do have an Alltek mpu board, but am still unable to prevent the knocker from firing on the first ball after looking at the manual

#6 6 years ago

I did try the number 1 switch both ways on the game select switches and the knocker still fires on the top rollover at the start of the game.

#9 6 years ago

I was able to solve for the most part my sound and replay settings. My pinball machine did have the first level replay set way too low and now I am getting first and second replays when I should. The knocker is no longer sounding at the top rollovers on the first ball. However, I will be playing in the middle of the game and the knocker will sound when it hits the outhole. Often the credit is maxed out at 15 so I wonder if that has something to do with it. Thanks! everyone for your help. Dana

#10 6 years ago

I have solved my problems. Some of my switches were set wrong. Thanks to everyone for the help. Dana

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dppe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-problems-1?tu=dppe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.