• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally-color-codes (resized).jpg
EBD-matrix (resized).jpg
ebd-switch-matrix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider occelot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

Have the same issues. Will check the daisy chain this evening. However, for me, the pops and the slings work in Test Mode.. Just not IN Game. Any ideas on that vid1900 ? The solenoid expander board is new, all fuses are good, replaced a few connectors here and there, the MPU is the altex ultimate mpu. I also rebuilt the power supply.

#7 3 years ago

A4J2-5? In switch test (Well, the test that tests for closed switches) I get 02 in the score display. To my knowldge this is the drop target "3X".

#9 3 years ago

The playfield is on it's stomach, all the DT's are up, and the ball is not in the game. The 3X DT is registering closed, even though it is open. I read somewhere that it could be a bad diode? Makes sense.. As that would effectively close the switch.

#11 3 years ago

What's weird is... I totally removed the 02 wire (brown w/white tracing) form the MPU. But it still throws 02 in the switch test. When I remove the entire connector from the MPU, I do not get the 02 message. I get 0.

#14 3 years ago

blah sorry I meant brown and yellow. Brown with a yellow tracer coming from 3X DT. I'm suspecting the same BigAl56 . Where did you get those wire colors? I am having a hard time reading and getting info from these schematics

#16 3 years ago

oh man I know. But these damn EBD specific schematic.. Pain in the ass.

#17 3 years ago

But, I can rule out the lamp driver, aux lamp driver, solenoid expander, and the solenoid driver boards at this point right? Or is there something in the driver boards that control switch logic as well? Again, in test_ all solenoids fire.

#20 3 years ago

I re-did the connections in hopes to solve this issue.

Here's a little graphic that highlights the issues. The rollover switch registers the "3 ball" target. Can that give us a clue as to what's going on?

I also made a note of the colors in J2 connector on MPU:

(pin: color/trace)

1: White/Red
2: Orange
3:Grey/Yellow
4: White/Yellow
5:Yellow/Red
6: (keyed)
7: (none)
8: White/Green
9: Brown/Yellow
10: White/Orange
11: Orange/Black
12: Brown
13: White/Brown
14: Brown/White
15: White/Blue

Is anyone able to confirm these are accurate? I looked in the schematic and can't seem to find the color codes.

I'm assuming "Single Drop Target" is the Eight Ball DT. I have also buzzed them all out and they all have continuity where applicable. But I suppose I can check that again if it will help.

EBD-matrix (resized).jpgEBD-matrix (resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

Well dang~ Looks like there are some wrong already So I'm guessing the J2-2 is 78, which means Orange w/black?

#23 3 years ago

damn, well it looks like the colors match up.

#24 3 years ago

Trying to wrap my head around how the 3ball would sound if someone hits the roll over target. Because they're in the same row, does that mean one of the diodes could be failed, allowing electricity to flow backward and close the switch?

#26 3 years ago

No I received the game like this.

#28 3 years ago

Thanks. Does it matter which diodes I use? I have a bunch of the diodes that are used for solenoids, however the switch diodes are much smaller.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider occelot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-pop-bumper-and-slingshot-solenoids-not-working?tu=occelot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.