New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 196181)

Eight Ball Deluxe Pinitech Displays. What Color ?

By alimerick

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by alimerick
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Eight Ball Deluxe Displays What color? Comma Yes, No”

• Medium Green 4 votes
    15%
  • Medium Blue 4 votes
    15%
  • Medium Red 3 votes
    11%
  • Plasma Amber 16 votes
    59%
  • White No filter 2 votes
    7%
  • Comma's Yes 12 votes
    44%
  • Comma's No 1 vote
    4%

(Multiple choice - 27 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rainbow (resized).jpg
ballystern_retrofit_colorfilters (resized).jpg
IMG_3553.JPG
IMG_3524.JPG
IMG_3555.JPG
IMG_3558.JPG
IMG_3561.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_3577.JPG

#1 3 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe UNO white led display set from Pinitech. Very nicely done.
What color filter set would you choose? Pole choices: Medium Green, Red, Blue, Plasma Orange, no filter White
Would you have Comma's? Pole choices Yes?, No?
Original displays show comma's.
Thank You
Andy Limerick

IMG_3577.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_3558.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3553.JPG

#2 3 years ago

Default amber for sure! Love those UNO displays, I will be buying some soon!

#3 3 years ago

I voted for Blue since it makes it resemble the Alphanumeric Proto. The blue makes a nice contrast with the otherwise "orangey" artwork.

As to commas, that would depend on if they can be made to properly resemble commas and not decimals.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I voted for Blue since it makes it resemble the Alphanumeric Proto. .

Agree 100%

1 week later
#5 3 years ago

My wife likes Blue the best. She also said each person having a different color makes it easier to keep track of when it is your turn.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

She also said each person having a different color makes it easier to keep track of when it is your turn.

We're not talking Trouble or Sorry board games here!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

...She also said each person having a different color makes it easier to keep track of when it is your turn.

Ok that's it...Clown Puking alpha numeric displays has got to be rock bottom for Pinside right?

God if only that were true...

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok that's it...Clown Puking alpha numeric displays has got to be rock bottom for Pinside right?
God if only that were true...

So there's hope for rainbow digits?
ballystern_retrofit_colorfilters (resized).jpg

#9 3 years ago

Amber looks the most natural, but hell, I'll vote green. The colour of felt.

#10 3 years ago

The nice thing about using the filters is you can change them fairly easy so basically go with what ever you like right now and if you decide on something different later just change them out. I love the blue on most machines but I am not sure on that machine.

Quoted from spiroagnew:Amber looks the most natural, but hell, I'll vote green. The colour of felt.
There might be something to the green idea?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

Amber looks the most natural, but hell, I'll vote green. The colour of felt.

Exactly why I voted green!

#12 3 years ago

My wife is not informed about pinball and her honest unbiased answers Help. I do not think she would want multicolored displays but since the game was set up like that for pictures she made the comment. I can see that making it easier on a bunch of people playing on location. Over the years she has helped greatly. She does not know what is popular or hot and has chosen on her own over the years. Flash, Gorgar, The Addams Family, Guns & Roses, SpiderMan, IronMan, AeroSmith. Not bad for someone that does not read all this.
She does not know that blue was proto-type either.

#13 3 years ago

As an "originalist" I'd have to go with amber, but damn, that green really does look good.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

So there's hope for rainbow digits?

is this an option? If so, count me in!

1 week later
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

is this an option? If so, count me in!

Rainbow digit displays are extremely experimental and quite volatile.

This type of reaction is not uncommon..
rainbow (resized).jpg

Seriously though? Yeah, it's possible. Just a white digit display with color filters cut individually for each digit. Aside from a Wizard of Oz retheme on an old Bally/Stern game, I'm really not sure what games might look cool with a rainbow display. While most would argue NONE I would say there's probably at least one out there........

Tired of monochrome on Centaur? Well sir, RAINBOW DIGITS IS YOUR ANSWER!

#17 3 years ago

White > amber> others & yes commas

#18 3 years ago

EBD is currently having its NOS play field clear coated, flippers converted away from linear and had the light board conversion done. All by gmkalos on here. Very nice, detail oriented, trained, retired car mechanic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50795
Will be a few weeks before it is back and color choice made. My thinking is Happy Wife Blue. Great thing about color choice is it can be changed easily.

#19 3 years ago

Think the displays are single color and not adjustable. You need to decide by time of purchase to get desired effect.

Quoted from alimerick:

EBD is currently having its NOS play field clear coated, flippers converted away from linear and had the light board conversion done. All by gmkalos on here. Very nice, detail oriented, trained, retired car mechanic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/50795
Will be a few weeks before it is back and color choice made. My thinking is Happy Wife Blue. Great thing about color choice is it can be changed easily.

#20 3 years ago

Displays are white and use color filters so easy to change colors.

1 month later
#21 2 years ago

EBD is back and currently has green filters to match the pool table.
The real pool table. Only game that works when the power is out.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside