IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error2.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1215 6 years ago

I am finally in the club and wanting to restore the example I have.

I am in need of a pf if anyone has a lead

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I know CPR has a FULL/OPEN run and I have asked to be on the waitlist but have not had much luck on the waitlist in the past. If somebody has an early slot and wants to make a qui...”
2017-05-10
Madison, WI
Wanted
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 529 times

3 weeks later
#1266 6 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

PS I am now building and shipping EBD upper and lower harnesses. 81 and 84 editions.

how much?

#1269 6 years ago

If anyone wants to pass on their CPR pf, please let me know. i am happy to pay a transfer fee for a gold or silver.

1 week later
#1305 6 years ago

My Gold CPR arrived today (thanks to a friend for passing it along to me!)

Curious is anyone else has spots/speckles in the green of the "felt" Almost looks like a poorly mixed color pull prior to screening.
I ask because I was surprised this made the "gold" level standards. I am stoked to have anything at all, just trying to figure out if this is the currnet standard for gold level or I got one that was missed in the grading process?

#1308 6 years ago

thanks for the heads up and good to know this is the expected standard on the run. just happy to have one.

#1309 6 years ago

Since I have a CPR version acquired, I now can offer up a nice example with a laminated overlay which I previously acquired that is available if anyone wants it. It originally came from a pro that is well known for his ability to apply these overlays and does a dman fine job of it. I picked it up for $450 and will sell it for the same if anyone is looking.

#1311 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Have any pics of it Hilton? I'd possibly be interested, possibly, just tapped out at the moment

I can grab some photos lated this evening. PM me your email and I will send them to you.

#1320 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I wish they would have made more plastics sets too!

I sure could use a plastic set!!!

f anyone has a spare, please pass them along.

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Have any pics of it Hilton? I'd possibly be interested, possibly, just tapped out at the moment

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple) - “I purchased this overlay EBD pf but no longer need it. It was originally done by a well known overlay person up north. He does quality work and this is a nice example. A nice up...”
2017-06-18
Madison, WI
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 724 times

#1326 6 years ago

very cool to learn and thanks for sharing!

3 weeks later
#1361 6 years ago

so where is the best place to get star roll-over inserts?

4 months later
#1524 6 years ago

Anyone know if there is a mylar/sticker/decal available for the main worn areas of the playfield?

I am prepping a game for route, so not a full restoration at this time, and would like to have a decal to lay down over the current wear.
Since I am planning on it going on route, it does not need the full treatment of an overlay or pf swap and I would just like to pretty it up a bit.

I get the impression these used to be more readily available, so would appreciate a PM if it cant be said publically where to find them.

#1526 6 years ago

I also found that the blue posts had to be ordered from seperat places. I am guessing pinball resource has them both but did not feel like ordering from there this time around. Hoping the two heights have similar dye lots.

1 month later
#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Anyone else have this problem? It only happens on an extremely slow moving ball, but it's happened more than once.
This is a new CPR playfield and I've got the drop targets flush with the playfield. I also have the entire mech mounted with the targets as close to the front of the playfield as possible.
Oddly enough, I've got an operator friend's game I've been using as a reference and the same thing happens on his and the drop targets are a tad higher than the playfield on his.
I'm stumped.

Yes, seems like a common issue on original and CPR.

It appears the easy solution is a piece of plexi (or even some cereal box cardboard in a pinch) cut and tacked to the inside bottom of the drop target mech to bring the drop target heads (when down) to be flush with the top of the playfield.

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I find it interesting they didn't allow for adjustment like on the other drop target mech.

I have tought about drilling, tapping, and adding a screw and wing nut for adjustment. It would look nicer and work well.

#1579 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Bally, on later revisions of their drop targets, added a metal "L" bracket in order to feel in the space between the drop targets.
Midway/Bally #0390-00100-0000 ; #0390-00100-00XF, BRACKET: FILLER ( 6 REQ'D.)

interesting.

Have any photos or reference on what this looks like? It would be cool to try and replicate.

#1588 6 years ago

I need a set PLEASE!

1 month later
#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Yup. I found the thread and went through it all. I'm going to start with the easy stuff like the caps.
Thanks!!

I have found that new caps and if that does not work, then remove/seperate the power lines from the bundle of switch wires seems to do the trick.

I have had it on lots of classic Bally games and even after doing everything, it can still happen on rare occurrences.

#1620 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I will say, in trying to eliminate it, I installed caps on the flipper EOS switches...the ones found on System 11 games. It didn't solve the problem but sure eliminated the arcing. Is this commonly done on older Bally games? I'm thinking of leaving them on.

That is what Rob A suggested to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.