IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trimoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1138 7 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

My $50 "back glass."

nice wish I could find a deal like that ..

2 years later
#2370 4 years ago

Hello folks sure glad to hear hardtop is going to put together the Eight Ball deluxe hard topper I'm definitely getting one of those. I've been stumped on this one now I have an issue with ball trought coil game comes on everything works but the ball trough coil does not kick hard enough to make the ball all the way over to Shooter Lane I've replaced the coil replaced of mechanism it just twitches whenever it should be firing I went to test mode and I noticed during test mode it does the same twitch but I see that one of the drop targets may be more are also twitching If eneyone else delt with this issue I could use some help .

Thanks James

1 week later
#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

First verify that you have 43V at the outhole coil (trough). Is this a new issue or did you get the game in this state? I ask because the wrong type of coil may have been installed at the outhole. Should be a 3 lug coil there. Also which drop targets are moving when you test the coils with outhole coil. It's seams like there could be a problem at the solenoid driver board. Make sure the lamp under the PF is working when the SEB clicks. The SEB controls the outhole, saucer, 7 drop target reset, 4 target inline DT bank reset, the 1-9 ball DT memory coil and the 2-10 ball DT memory coil. 6 circuits in all, 3 on each side of the relay on the SEB. Check the SEB header pins for cold solder joints, re-seat the connector. When putting game in self test, 1st push of the red button, the SEB should click loudly in synch with the PF lamps flashing.

This is a new issue, it seem to be the right coil , I have to look into the SEB . I'll post my progress thanks

1 year later
#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Me too! And I hope I let it cure long enough. I set it out all day in the sun yesterday and then for a couple hours today. I think I was told it would be ready to do last weekend regardless, buttttttttttt....

Looking good I am working on one myself hopefully I can clear coat mine this week.

2 weeks later
#3925 3 years ago

I'm getting ready to install my first hard topper wish me luck . I'm debating on whether to clear coat the playfield or not . Install instructions say to clear inserts has anyone done one without clear coat?

20210411_204301 (resized).jpg20210411_204301 (resized).jpg
#3930 3 years ago

Hey thanks for all the advise ill be sure to keep you updated on how it turns out .

#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

No sooner did I put the glass on (just so I could leave it for now)... Right flipper doesn't work. Ffs lol

Always look for the simple things first.

#3933 3 years ago

What more quick question do you think I should be concerned about the chipping around these inserts if so how should I repair it?
Thanks in advance.......

20210413_175452 (resized).jpg20210413_175452 (resized).jpg
#3935 3 years ago

10 -4
This whole project has been a pain in the butt had to pull all these inserts out because they were loose jiggling around polished then reglue
Broke a couple along the way

It's like a crazy amount of time I have in restoring the jewelry on this table what pain.

I'm sure it will be appreciated in the end ....

2 weeks later
#4048 2 years ago

so my project EBD hard topper is almost complete . I got it back together boots up looks great . first thing im stumped on is the controlled lighting is not working at all ? Then the coil in ball trough does not kick ball hard enough to get in shooter lane ? any Ideas on what might cause this ?
Thanks in advance

I did put new MPU and driver boards in
I checked TP on lamp driver board had 5 volts not sure if this is correct .

#4052 2 years ago

I put a new power rectifier board in the cab the old one someone had relocated some parts and it was not booting up all the way .
There was some wire hacks there maybe that could be something .

all the coils fire in test mode

ill check the ground and report back

#4054 2 years ago

Here's a photo had to show her off. Hats off to hard topper What a great product

Looks like 3.6 voltage at lamp socket either side.
lamb driver board T2 and T3 show 5 voltage

20210501_114546 (resized).jpg20210501_114546 (resized).jpg
#4056 2 years ago

Thanks KSUWildcatFan those are the real deal white pop caps i was surprised they were in this grate of shape well not broken . i tried to clean them and black paint started coming off so one has fade

i was thinking blue from jump on this one it seems to work . i liked the looks of both red and blue post ..

#4059 2 years ago

I appreciate the help thanks for the write-up im going out to check it right now

#4060 2 years ago

This is the hack I mentioned see were tape is that's were it had remote rectifier spliced in. I think I'll put these back together hopefully that will be the solution.

20210502_094220 (resized).jpg20210502_094220 (resized).jpg
#4061 2 years ago

That was it there was a break on the line she's up and running in full glory. Thanks Lovef2k

Warning if you don't know already, there is 230V present on rectifier board when powered on, be extremely careful here!!!
Start checking voltage on rectifier board TP1 should be around 6.5V DC. You should see good voltage since the board is new as you mentioned. You mentioned some hacks, can you explain? It was common practice to mount a rectifier to the transformer mounting plate and run jumper wires from the board to the rectifier. See pic.

#4063 2 years ago

My solenoid expander wont click at all I swapped it out with a working one and nothing change .This was a project game I brought back to life so after getting the switch lamps up and working I thought this would fix my issue with coil expander still not working . at first the game tried to stat up but wouldn't kick ball over to shooter lane . Now it doesn't even do that . would the dip switch settings cause any wired ness ?

Thanks

#4065 2 years ago

checked all 3 boxes . In lamb test that like doesn't flash .

#4066 2 years ago

ill check volts at the light socket under play field when I get a back . looks like it should be min ^ 6 volts

#4093 2 years ago

Just found the four bank drop coil was incorrect .only had two lugs I had one fixed that .
The saucer kicker has three lugs but I'm not sure if this wired correctly I will post photos of that one .

Now the out hole kicker only has two lugs looking for one of those.

My expander J 9 was 45.6 volts

I'll work on getting the coil test going now.

Thanks for helping

#4094 2 years ago

Imagine of saucers coil....

20210506_172502 (resized).jpg20210506_172502 (resized).jpg
#4105 2 years ago

Well I went ahead and fired it up and the four bank reset properly and 7 bank reset as well .Then went into test coils and the saucer and out hole kick did not fire .
Sad thing is i have a parts EBD game and both these coils are incorrect in that one as well . The out hole kick and saucer were 2 lugs you can tell they were new and not right
So i remember seeing one of the wires right to one leg of diode thought this was odd . Now i no why someone modified the solenoid . to make it work like a three lug.....
Finally figuring things out i think i understand this logic

#4115 2 years ago

thank you all for the correction I notice this was incorrect and made changes . working on getting the proper ones on order .
I stop in at a friends after work today to look at the wires on his EBD LE Wow shocker he doesn't have the correct one either so going to order extra and fix his game while im at it . so his saucer and out hole kick , are two lug with one diode but it works

#4116 2 years ago

ill keep plugin away at it now that I know how this game operates just gonna have to fix them all of them .. Got a package in the mail today must be my new Pinscore displays awwwwsome better get busy .. My Goal is to have this game complete up and running this week
Big thanks to everyone keep it real this is the best hobby ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomsburg, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 179.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider trimoto.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=trimoto and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.