Topic Stats

• 2,371 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 818 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16847272469173216103 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191008-070503 (resized).jpg
72648105-70A6-480A-87AC-4B9CEA66E0C1 (resized).jpeg
23AEF1E3-0BA9-4B29-8C77-B015A32190AB (resized).jpeg
2B464BD1-DBF9-42E2-9BE1-631D98F0F75D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).jpg
IMG_2155 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190904-194724 (resized).jpg
Ring.jpg
IMG_5079 (resized).JPG
IMG_5081 (resized).JPG
EBD Rollover Button (resized).jpg
EBD-Instructions (resized).jpg
EBD-Title LE (resized).jpg
B2EDE599-0450-4BE9-BD40-623AC538A828 (resized).png
2A8861D0-A98C-4D95-9B98-8B8832EE301C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfixer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1875 1 year ago

Does your solenoi

Quoted from Nevus:

I have a 1981 EBD tech issue.
On startup, My nicely restored EBD comes to life. Upon pushing start, it fails to kick out a ball, the inserts don’t light and 3 ball drop target drops. Otherwise, all flippers and other coils work.
Attempting to fix the game, I moved it to the workroom and plugged it in. All issues resolved. I moved it back to where the other games are and it has resumed with the same problems after playing several games.
Does anyone know this game well enough to point me in the direction of a common link in the symptoms?
I confess that I’m not much good at electronics, but can do basic continuity checks etc and solder.
Thank you in advance
Chris

Is the Solenoid Expander relay clicking when you put the game in lamp test? If not figure out why not and your solenoid issue will be fixed.

2 months later
#1906 11 months ago
Quoted from g94:

I don't know who the manufacturers are, but I bought the first set (which broke very fast) at ministry of pinball http://bit.ly/2Ps40en.
It didn't have screw holes though.
The second set (very well printed and they didn't break so far after a year) can be bought here: http://bit.ly/2PvMcz0

Anyone overseas making the white EBD caps? Many of us here in the US are in need, but thus far PBR and PPS have come up dry. PPS says they're going to make 'em but alas nothing yet.

Perhaps this would be an OK forum to poll how many people would buy a set of white caps and rings. Steve Young swears there is no market for em. I tend to think differently. If I happen to be right, maybe the poll results would help move him along. Just as an aside, the only other game with white caps was Grand Slam. I've even toyed with the idea of having the white caps 3D printed and then put a decal on them. Doubt that it would look right though.

Anyone have extra white caps or rings? Drop me a PM if you would be willing to part with them.

Just for those of you keeping score at home, EBD white version were the only hot-stamped ring in addition to the cap. Probably why they changed it.....

John

2 months later
#1928 9 months ago

EED 1007 myself. Lowest S/N known to exist. Plastic playfield game as well. As you can see in my avatar I have the proto "Blue Display" EBD so if someone is looking for a very unique EBD I would consider parting with 1007. The previous owner posted pictures of this exact game on IPDB so you can see what it's condition is. I've owned it for about 15 years now and never got around to doing much with it so I'd like to see it find a new loving home.

I too have a bunch of rings, but no caps. I asked PPS if they could make them in white as Grand Slam uses white caps. From what I remember is PPS is working to have EBD caps reproduced in white. Was given a time frame of "sometime this year" and that was in 2018 so lets hope they hit the market in 2019.

7 months later
#2310 52 days ago

That is the blocking diode, not the capacitor.

In your photos it shows leads that were clipped. The cap was there, but it's missing now.

#2315 51 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I had a crazy hard time finding them as well. But I picked up a set of 3 from Planetary Pinball a week ago. My LE needs a ton of work and I've had to order bits and pieces from all the major shops. (edit also, hi I'm new to the club. It took me a week to read the whole thread)

If you need the EBD "style" bumper bodies let me know. I have a good assortment of used without broken clips, and a few NOS. Prefer to trade for stuff, but PM me if you need 'em. We'll work something out.

#2316 51 days ago

Putting this post here too, I have it listed on trade your plastics thread as well.

Looking for NOS (Or VGC) White caps to mate with the NOS rings in the picture below used on early run Eight Ball Deluxe. Have a few rings, would trade for caps. If you have a few we both would end up with NOS sets! Steve Young, Planetary, and all the usual sources say there are no plans to reproduce these caps and rings in white.

Ring.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfixer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside