Topic Stats

• 2,368 posts
  • 269 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by KSUWildcatFan
  • Topic is favorited by 118 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 818 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16847272469173216103 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191008-070503 (resized).jpg
72648105-70A6-480A-87AC-4B9CEA66E0C1 (resized).jpeg
23AEF1E3-0BA9-4B29-8C77-B015A32190AB (resized).jpeg
2B464BD1-DBF9-42E2-9BE1-631D98F0F75D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2157 (resized).jpg
IMG_2155 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190904-194724 (resized).jpg
Ring.jpg
IMG_5079 (resized).JPG
IMG_5081 (resized).JPG
EBD Rollover Button (resized).jpg
EBD-Instructions (resized).jpg
EBD-Title LE (resized).jpg
B2EDE599-0450-4BE9-BD40-623AC538A828 (resized).png
2A8861D0-A98C-4D95-9B98-8B8832EE301C (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1537 1 year ago

I’ll have to try this. I have this issue occasionally. I also have a problem with the C,D and outlane rollovers not registering on fast hits. I added caps which triggers phantom rollover sounds and scoring. I cut them off. I’ve ordered new leaf switches hoping that will solve it.

#1539 1 year ago

Thanks for the tips. I will try what you suggested. I’d rather not have to replace the leaf switches. My Mata Hari rollovers work perfect. No caps. EB8 rollovers have been nothing but trouble.

#1541 1 year ago

I sure needed to add lots of caps to my Mata Hari. Pop bumpers, slingshots and drop targets all needed them. But oddly the rollovers work fine without them. EB8 not so much.

#1544 1 year ago

Can someone please post a detailed picture of the top right of the playfield. This gate does not look right to me. It's crooked. It looks like it should go under the plastic but it doesn't seem to fit correctly. Also, I'm having a heck of a time getting the upper right plastics back together. It seems they used different size screws and some of them are too short. What is the correct size? Thank you.

IMG_5806 (resized).JPG

IMG_9268 (resized).JPG

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

What is the length? Some round head screws are short and some are long.
It all depends on where they are to be mounted.
P.S. You are missing a steel post pin that goes in between the two plastic posts
and the two plastic posts are to have 5/16" rubber rings on them.

Thanks. That screw is 1 1/2”. They used a few different screw styles where they should be the same like along the large plastics on the right. Some heads have washers, some don’t. Marco shows 1 1/2” #5 wood screws as a common size. I would like to replace all or most of them with new ones so the heads match. I was just hoping to find a list somewhere. I know something isn’t right with that gate. I’ve seen some pictures in this thread but I can’t tell exactly what’s wrong. I will check what you are saying tonight after work.

#1553 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

What is the length? Some round head screws are short and some are long.
It all depends on where they are to be mounted.
P.S. You are missing a steel post pin that goes in between the two plastic posts
and the two plastic posts are to have 5/16" rubber rings on them.

I see now from pictures that missing steel pin. Does anybody sell that part? Is there a good source for new playfield screws? I’ve tried to reach Gatecrasher. I’ve ordered new plastic posts from PBR. I have a new rubber set from Marco that I haven’t installed yet. There are several mistakes on my game with the rubber rings which I want to correct.

#1554 1 year ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I see now from pictures that missing steel pin. Does anybody sell that part? Is there a good source for new playfield screws? I’ve been trying to reach Gatecrasher. I’ve ordered new plastic posts from PBR. I have a new rubber set from Marco that I haven’t installed yet. There are several mistakes on my game with the rubber rings which I want to correct.

2 weeks later
#1559 1 year ago

PinCardz through Facebook or through this link. Click on the link for Eight Ball Deluxe. I bought them for my Eight Ball Deluxe and my Mata Hari. Outstanding quality. Warning there are also adult cards listed if there are kids or your wife is in the room!

http://madvoodoo.com/#/twoPane/category/2

Also, I was able to have them change some of the bonus rewards (for my Mata Hari) through their Facebook message link. So if their default scores don’t match what you need, should be able to request changes.

#1570 1 year ago

I'm not sure if I should post this here or in the tech thread. Scoring question for the EB8 experts. I was playing around with a 4 player game. Sometimes some points are added to a shooters 2nd or 3rd ball before the ball is even fired. It's added as the ball is lifted up to the launch position. I've seen 3000 or I think 6000 points added. Is there a problem with the game or is there a legit reason why these points are being added? I'm still learning the scoring on this game. Thanks.

#1572 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Bleed over from vibrating switch contacts? Does the game playfield pass the thump test?

Exactly what it was. It was a couple of the Deluxe targets being too close. So when the billiard targets reset, the Deluxe targets sometimes triggered adding 3000 or 6000 phantom points. Thanks.

1 month later
#1610 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've got an issue with my lower pop bumper randomly firing during a game. Spoon switch is fine. A buddy told me it could be because of interference when the flippers are operated. He said there was a discussion on this on Pinside. I've looked but can't find anything.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

If it's firing with flipper activity it's a common Bally issue. I had the same exact issue with my Mata Hari. Lots of ideas on how to fix it. See this thread. See my post #218 in that thread. Adding capacitors to the flipper switches solved my issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-fires-with-flipper-activity

1 month later
#1754 1 year ago
Quoted from BorisSWort:

I replaced all of my lights with Pinball Life's Ablaze Premium Ghost Buster 1-SMD-LEDs with frosted dome (warm white). Are they too bright for an 8 Ball Deluxe? Or, am I just too old?

I did pretty much the same thing. Mine are Comets 1SMD frosted warm white. I think it looks great. I did color match most of the inserts. I also did leave incandescents behind the top portion of the backglass just to tone down the words Eight Ball Deluxe.

7 months later
#1898 11 months ago
Quoted from Patentlaw:

Stupid problem that keeps happening...….
Pop bumper caps keep coming off. The tabs keep breaking. As you know, the EBD pop bumper tops are hard to find and cost a ton compared to others. Anyone else have this issue and have a solution?
Plaw

I haven’t had this issue. If you haven’t done so already, I think you have to turn them a little to lock them in.

8 months later
#2270 88 days ago

That’s not supposed to happen!

345B3026-B5AD-49FC-AD07-EE6CFC3D7653 (resized).jpeg
#2272 88 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What is that even stuck on?

It got wedged between the left side plastic and the glass. I think it somehow ricocheted off the pop bumpers and then the rollover guides and it jumped off the playfield. I got it out.

4 weeks later
#2284 59 days ago

What do people use to replace the peeling off foam strips on the ends of the original displays? There has to be something better.

2A8861D0-A98C-4D95-9B98-8B8832EE301C (resized).jpegC2DA8FCE-FEEE-4A3E-9594-280B9FE29D0F (resized).jpeg
#2290 54 days ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Look on McMaster Carr. They have EVERYTHING

Thanks. This looks pretty close.

B2EDE599-0450-4BE9-BD40-623AC538A828 (resized).png
#2298 49 days ago

I have my Eight Ball Deluxe thresholds set to 600,000 and 1,100,000 for the first 2 levels. The 600,000 correctly adds a 1 free credit but the 1,100,000 doesn’t do anything. Alltek MPU board. Does something need to be cleared out here? Also what’s the most common 3rd threshold level setting? Thanks

#2300 48 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

My EBD, MH, and BJ all have their original Bally MPUs but I did use a spare Alltek MPU in all three machines while fixing the original Bally boards. I always got in the habit of doing the Memory Clear Function on the the Alltek whenever I moved the MPU from machine to machine and never had any trouble with the high score thresholds issuing credits when hit.
FWIW, when I have my EBD set for 5 balls I use 1,000,000/1,750,000/2,500,000 and for 3 balls I use 700,000/1,200,000/1,700,000.

I hit the clear button to clear just the 1,100,000 setting then resetting it to the same value. It did not work. I did not do an entire memory clear. I’ll try that next.

Will I lose all my bookkeeping settings? If so I’ll make a list before I try it.

#2302 48 days ago

I did the memory clear and reset the values. The 1,100,000 still does not add a credit. I don’t know if there’s a dip switch setting that is conflicting with this or not. Any other suggestions?

#2304 48 days ago
Quoted from BJM-Maxx:

My understanding is the first level score works, the second does not? What about the third? One idea might be to switch the dip switches to a different game, set them. Then switch back.

Yes but I just found the issue. Dip switch 29 was off. If it’s off, only 1 credit per game will be added. I turned switch 29 to on so ALL credits will be added. There’s so many settings and switches this was an easy one to miss.

#2306 48 days ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Woohoo! I was just reading the switch charts in the manual to see if I could find it....glad you got it.

Thanks!

1 week later
#2331 37 days ago

I also found Comet 555 leds to be very tight on my EBD. Frustrating. Even cracked a socket under the sling shots. Not sure if other brands fit easier. I emailed Comet about this last year. They sent me a different batch that they thought would fit better but they really don’t. There was a thread about this somewhere on this forum.

#2334 36 days ago

Some more custom cards by Mr_Tantrum. He customized the text for me. Great job. Thanks.

72648105-70A6-480A-87AC-4B9CEA66E0C1 (resized).jpeg23AEF1E3-0BA9-4B29-8C77-B015A32190AB (resized).jpeg2B464BD1-DBF9-42E2-9BE1-631D98F0F75D (resized).jpeg
#2335 36 days ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I used Cointaker for 555's on a EBD. I like theirs because they have dual contacts on both sides of the base. They are still very tight and they only seem to seat when they are pushed in just right. There's no wiggle room at all and my fingers got sore after installing them. I wonder if bulb grease would help. Try applying a little on the sides of the lamp base. The 2 EBD's I restored after the first one got all new bayonet sockets. I only kept the 555 for the GI's to keep the top side of the PF looking original.

I was hoping Cointakers would fit better but I guess they don’t. They will probably be at the York Show. I may ask them if they are aware of this.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider phillyfan64.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside