IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nveld.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#445 8 years ago

Woo Hoo! I'm in! Gonna be my summer project when work lightens up!image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

2 months later
#620 7 years ago

Question. I was just looking to do the capacitors on the squawk & talk board on a new project machine and noticed it is missing th U2 24 pin ic socket. Does anyone know exactly what that chip controls? Is it even needed on this board at all? Maybe it's normal to be empty? For the record the machine is an LE.
Thanks!

1 week later
#645 7 years ago

I just finished my EBDLE today! Rebuilt the Squawk and talk, replaced 3 SCR's on the A5 lamp driver, all new plastics (which I put back on the post by putting the soldering iron in the post and slowly melting them back in) fixed a host of switches and flipper issues. Good to go! 100%. Playfield is rough but still plays great. I am so happy!
Before.image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
After
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
I know the pop caps are wrong but those will get replaced soon! Thanks to those that helped!

#646 7 years ago

New rubbers, lights, and some twist sockets! Sorry this was a duplicate so I added some more.

1 week later
#662 7 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Sometimes when I make the eight ball shot, the game gives me several of the letters for "Deluxe" even though I did not hit them. It only happens rarely, but once in a while it will go right to "One more for Deluxe" right after making the eight...I wonder if this is an indication of a problem that is starting...Is it something I can prevent from worsening?

I think that relates to the dip switch 21 setting. ON keeps all DELUXE lights off that were previously scored (liberal) and OFF resets all lights to on again (conservative). Here is a pic from the manual.
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
I think this is what you are seeing but let us know if it seems like something else. For the record I prefer it OFF.
Cheers!

1 month later
#771 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i got an offer for a le version. was told it works without sound, cab looks ok not great, pf has some wear but not as bad as most i have seen. what would be a fair price for this? i have been an em guy for a few years but i can repair SS without a problem.

I bought mine in similar condition. No sound or keys so I never saw the boards. I paid 900 but he was a friend or I would have settled at 800 tops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomsburg, PA
$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nveld.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=nveld and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.