IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#963 7 years ago

Got my EBDLE last night.

Playfield is very nice, just needs a bit of drop target maintenance and I will eventually do a topside teardown/cleaning. Do those Cliffy return lane guides eliminate the ball hop?

I see Marco has the finned blue posts. Anyone order those, and if so will they be dark or light blue? Some of my posts have chipped at the bottom, but I do like the light blue look they have... possibly just from age.

#965 7 years ago

Ah, thanks for the Titan slim reminder! I will have to hit Cliffy up for a set of return lane guides.

#967 7 years ago

Here are a few pics of my game as it sits. This will be the oldest model game I've ever owned, so looking forward to learning a few things. Bought this one not really knowing much about it, and very pleased after closer inspection. No mylar and very little wear to speak of. Little bit around the pop bumpers and small planking near the B switch. Inside cab is much cleaner than I'd expect from a game this age.
PF1 (resized).jpgPF1 (resized).jpg
PF2 (resized).jpgPF2 (resized).jpg
PF3 (resized).jpgPF3 (resized).jpg
PF4 (resized).jpgPF4 (resized).jpg
PF5 (resized).jpgPF5 (resized).jpg

#970 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have an alltek lamp board in my game that allows me to put LEDs in the whole game without issue.

I was reading Vid's guide to LEDs but guess I am still confused. So with this board there is no need for soldering resistors to the lamps? When testing a few bulb outages I noticed some inserts are already fine, and some totally flicker. I'm pretty much ok with the look of incandescent in the inserts, but damn it gets hot... I can feel heat on the top of the playfield.

I've got a couple of lamps that are touchy and need to be bent in just the right position. Have a couple others that just aren't working. Is it common for these to fail and need replacement?

I'm also a bit confused by the location of some tall vs. short plastic posts. Is there a definitive list of correct placement?

#981 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

If you're looking for these plastics PM me. Leftover after repro install. 5$ + shipping.

I'm curious, how did you and others deal with the metal pieces attached to the clear plastics on the repro set?

#987 7 years ago

Was hoping to keep mine with original parts, but one of my horseshoe drops broke. I suppose these get brittle over time, and luckily there is a repro set available even if the originals look a bit better. Nearly finished with my current project, so EBD will be next teardown in line. Drop target mechs look like beasts compared to System 11 stuff I am used to!

I got the metal return lane guides from Cliffy. How did you all handle the metal posts on those? Wondering if there is a newer part that looks comparable.

I've been totally loving EBD game play and wish I had space to add more classic games to my collection.

#998 7 years ago

Aren't there a bunch of games that use metal lane guides similar to these?

1 week later
#1018 7 years ago

I'm going to be likely purchasing the entire drop target set as well. What is BAA?

#1020 7 years ago

Ahh.. gotcha. I'd wager that being out of stock for a while means that was the old going rate, and if they got them back in stock it'd be similar to Marco's price. Does Planetary Pinball own the rights to Bally stuff as well as Williams? Maybe these are the last of a first run.

#1034 7 years ago

I wonder if any of you longtime Pinball Resource buyers have ever compiled a list of common parts and part numbers for EBD and games of that era. It would be cool of there was some sort of list that everyone could update as parts are ordered.

I like to stock up on parts even before I need them, but in this case it's harder to do.

Another question- are there repro aprons available? (not just the decals)

#1036 7 years ago

OK, thanks. I was thinking the EBD manual did not have as many parts details as I had become used to.

1 week later
#1046 7 years ago

Are those of you who have bought the repro plastic set happy with the quality? I'm trying to decide on this one.

For those of you who are using standard star posts are you using washers or anything to match the height of the taller ribbed posts?

#1052 7 years ago

Thanks Gatecrasher. I'm about to tear my game down for topside cleaning and drop target maintenance. Was playing around with some color changes over the weekend and couldn't really figure out why two different heights of plastic posts were needed. When using modern star posts I just switched to shorter screws and posts.

I decided to stick with my original plastics for now. I'll try to heat and flatten a couple of the warped pieces. What do you all think about amber/yellow posts? I swapped out the lane guides for opaque red. Not sure about those yet, I may also try opaque yellow.

left (resized).jpgleft (resized).jpg
right (resized).jpgright (resized).jpg
upper (resized).jpgupper (resized).jpg

#1054 7 years ago

I had not seen the CPR set available, so that is good info about the reprint. I absolutely love 8BD! Will be a keeper.

3 weeks later
#1091 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Still having issues with my 8 ball target dropping at random due to vibrations etc. Can someone just take a few pictures of the assembly from the bottom side, of the coil, where the target mounts to the bracket etc? Maybe a couple different angles? Just don't know what the problem is. ...

I'll be home today working on EBD. Let me know if you need a different angle.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#1130 7 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I put some cool white LED in the backbox and it really washed out the art. I might try some warm white LED to see if I could reduce some game heat. But it would have to look exactly like original.

Comet's frosted WW comfort bright and WW frosted retro style bulbs are good for backbox areas that need less light.

#1147 7 years ago

Got a bit further along on my EBD. Still need to service the drops, but they are playable at the moment. Bought the repro bumper caps to replace my glued ones but the pinstripes are closer together making the artwork look a bit darker. I have the cliffy return lanes but they did not work out for me... too close to the flippers to allow movement so I kept my original plastic for now. Some of my favorite bits are the small things like the replacement shooter lane cover. Plastics look much better after flattening with a heat gun.

Here's a pic of the alternate colors I had in mind, and what I ended choosing. LEDs I am using warm white for GI, warm white for clear, red and yellow inserts, cool white for blue and green inserts, pink for orange inserts and pop bumpers.

EBD1 (resized).jpgEBD1 (resized).jpg
EBD2 (resized).jpgEBD2 (resized).jpg
EBD3 (resized).jpgEBD3 (resized).jpg
EBD (resized).jpgEBD (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

You'll probably have a hard time finding just that one piece in decent condition. The entire plastic sets are available though for around $150 I think.

Have you heard any more news about a possible CPR re-run?

3 weeks later
#1258 6 years ago

I replaced the drop targets with repro drops and cleaned up the mechs... everything looks good and they are snappy. But now I've got some issue with the 8 ball target, it will sometimes drop after the pop bumpers shake too much. Anyone else have that problem and know of a good fix? Not sure if an adjustment is needed, or if some sort of grip can be applied to the metal shelf that holds the target up.

Thanks for any ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomsburg, PA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mmp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=mmp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.