IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from gameroomzone:

hi
looking for a ebd 84 backglass
or what would be the best replacement ?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/G-440-15

I bought one and it is perfect!

20191204_191656.jpg20191204_191656.jpg20191210_173622.jpg20191210_173622.jpg
#2402 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

That backglass on Marco's looks like the '81 version and your machine is the '81 version. One good indicator of that is the silver lift bar on the bottom of your installed backglass in your pix....1981 models lift out. The '84 EBD door swings open with the backglass installed and it slides out once the door is open (nice design, IMO, and convenient for quick backbox maintenance).
The dimensions of the 1984 EBD backglass are different and thus much harder to find. I also sent the dimensions of my '84 backglass to CPR last year to aid in their reproduction efforts. Fortunately I don't need one...my original is about a 9 out of 10.

Ahhh I missed the 84 part. My bad!

1 week later
#2413 4 years ago

I recently replaced my lamp driver board with the Alltek Ultimate LED/Lamp driver board as the old board would not light several bulbs. After installing the board all the lights work (I am using lamps not LEDs) and the solenoid expander board was vibrating in attract mode. When a game is played the vibration stops. I read up on the solenoid expander board and saw that the vibration may be caused by the connected bulb burning out so I replaced the bulb and the vibration stops. Unfortunately now the DELUXE lights, corner pocket lights, and bank shots lghts stopped working and the left orbit lights are either all on or all off. I checked them in test mode and nothing changed. I tried the old bulb on the solenoid expander board and the vibration returned but the lights did not. I played two more games and all of a sudden my right flipper is machine gunning.

Is it possible the lamps and flipper are related or are these issues unrelated? Any ideas on what to check first? I am also running an Alltek MPU and Alltek Solenoid Driver board.

#2415 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What do you mean the SEB is vibrating? Like the relay is locking on?

It would buzz intermittently, about every 8-10 seconds. It was pretty loud.
I am positive they are all lined up correctly although I am not positive that the connectors are all in great shape.

#2423 4 years ago

Can anyone help me diagnose a new problem on my 1981 EBD? I have an Alltek MPU board and the game is set to free play. Game boots up properly, sound is on, lights are all on, press the start button and nothing happens. Checked the leaf switch behind the button and everything is making proper contact. No idea what to try next. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2426 4 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Did you check the under playfield fuse?
Does the outhole switch close with a ball in it?
Double check all connectors in the head, not just the Alltek, all boards.

Under playfield fuse is good. I will check the outhole switch and the connectors.

#2427 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Does the EBD go into Self Test ok and pass the solenoid and switch tests? Is this a problem that just started after working for some time or is this a newly install Alltek board?

Alltek board was installed about 3 weeks ago and has been working well. I will try to solenoid and switch tests. The problem began yesterday after the machine had been working great after I replaced the right flipper coil (it was machinegunning). Had many family members over the last week and the game saw a lot of use and all was well until I turned it on yesterday and could not start a game.

#2428 4 years ago

OK now when I turn it on I get all the lights but no sound. Solenoid test appeared to work perfectly. Still cannot start a game.
Re-seated all connectors and still nothing. Outhole switch is working. Sound board was re-capped and repaired 3 weeks ago by a professional.

#2430 4 years ago
Quoted from Alan_L:

Re-flow header pins on Solenoid Driver board? Losing sound when you had it before sounds (haha) like cold solder joints.
By "all the lights", do you mean G.I. and feature lights too?
Does the game reset the drop targets when you start a game?
Do the displays go into attract mode at power up?
Power Supply/Rectifier board: check fuses. Check voltage levels at Test Points 1, 2, 3 & 5. With a lot of play, you may have blown a bridge, especially if there were any little kids going flipflipflipflip.

Solenoid Driver board is a new Alltek installed 3 weeks ago. I get all GI and feature lights, displays go into attract mode, and drop targets reset on power up.

#2432 4 years ago
Quoted from Waderade812:

This is probably a long shot. But have you checked the tilt mechanisms including the ball in the roller tilt. It just seems that if the game is firing up on the boards but won't start a game at the game start button. It may be tilting right away.

Just checked the tilt mech and roller tilt. No change.

#2434 4 years ago

Turned out there was a loose wire on the roller tilt. Working great now!

2 months later
#2592 4 years ago

The 2X target on my 1981 EBD intermittently does not reset between balls, I would say it stays down 20% of the time. When this happens the player gets 5,000 points at the start of the ball so the game realizes that the target is down and it does give a double bonus at the end of the ball. I had the drop targets replaced by a professional back in December and this problem only started in the last week. I suspect that the 2X target is sticking on something but I am not sure what to look for, everything looks solid as far as I can tell. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#2594 4 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

When the targets reset, does it "stay down", or does it come up and then fall back down again?
If it is falling back down again, then it may be a couple of things -
1) the spring that pulls the target forward and down, is broken/loose/missing/weak
2) the small edge on the target that is supposed to catch on the edge of the playfield may be worn down
3) the edge of the playfield itself may be worn, preventing the target from latching onto it
If it is not coming up at all, then most likely there is a problem with how the target is attached to the reset arm...is it missing the cotter pin that holds it on?

When the 2X target does not reset it stays down. I will check the cotter pin! Thanks!

4 weeks later
#2709 4 years ago
Quoted from Tecomd:

So, finally took on a full playfield swap of my '81 EBD. I converted the individual lamps to to PCB boards, as in the limited edition. I have used this site for many good tips...only fair to post a pic of progress thus far. I went a little overboard on the zip ties.[quoted image]

Looks great!
How hard was the PCB board conversion? Where did you source the PCB boards?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider largemouthass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.