IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error2.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4324 2 years ago

New to EBD. Most pins of this vintage have a lane change from right and/or left flipper. Mine doesn't have this. Should I expect a lane change in A-B-C-D when hitting the flipper button?

#4327 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Eight Ball Deluxe doesn't have lane change. Players are required to have skill! (plus some luck)

Awesome, thank you!

2 weeks later
#4343 2 years ago

Squawk & talk question: My sound is flaking out, lot of wrong sounds playing at the wrong times. I have new caps to rebuild the board on the way, and new roms that just arrived, I expect between these things that it will get fixed.

The roms I received have U3, U4, U5. My squawk and talk board has roms U3, U4, U5, AND U6. Can anyone tell me what U6 is for? Not sure if what I received is missing one, or if U3-U5 are an updated set that replaces U3-U6 and I should remove U6 from my board, or if U6 is a rom for something else entirely.

#4345 2 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

I don't think u6 was used. I'll check when I get home.

thanks, I suppose another possibility is that the socket should be empty and someone put in a rom that just isn't used. I do see that the roms available on ipdb are U2, U6 for the MPU, and U3, U4, U5 for sound. Maybe someone stuck an MPU rom in the sound board at some point, for who knows what reason.

#4349 2 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

I don’t think the caps or roms are the problem.

Could also be PIA, but the caps are already really old, and in swapping boards with Flash Gordon to isolate problems, I found the roms were so old and decrepit that one lost a leg just pulling from socket. So recap and resocket/rom are easy things that won't hurt. If that doesn't do it, then I'll mount sockets and replace the 6808 / 6821 / whatever the PIA is.

2 weeks later
#4366 2 years ago

Has anyone ever modded the sound for this game? I hate the "pew pew pew" sound, but it would be nice to have some background sounds, since it sounds too quiet without them.

#4368 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Sounds like you need to adjust the sound settings away from chimes and enable background sounds - see the top of page 7 in the manual.
Basically, keep hitting the little red self test button inside the coin door until you get to number 18 in the Ball in Play display. Then hold the start button until the player displays shows the number "03". Then press the self test button a few more complete the audits and reboot.

Oh yeah, I've done that. But what I mean is the setting with background sounds, #3, sucks. The constant pewpewpew background sound is awful. I'm wondering if anyone has ever modded the sound rom to have something a little less space-invader-ey, and a little more pool-hall-like.

1 month later
#4411 2 years ago

EBD 81 here. Does anyone know what's up with these lighted areas that look like they should have corresponding artwork/text on the backglass but don't? Like I would expect the artwork in front of these lights to say "game over" or "same player shoots again" or something. But when I search for images online, it looks these are just useless

IMG_20211204_182534498~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20211204_182534498~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20211204_182632765~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20211204_182632765~2 (resized).jpg
#4415 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Am I right in saying it's not a real backglass, rather it's a translite? has it got any mirroring?
The artwork is also missing the artists name under the player 4 display.

It's a translite. And apparently a shitty one. . But also all the Google results have the same thing. I'll need to search for a mirrored bg. Thanks!

#4420 2 years ago

Has anyone found that their 8-ball target drops voluntarily a lot? I'm guessing even light vibration can cause it to fall. I've removed the assembly, taken it apart, cleaned it in ultrasonic, and reassembled it. It looks like new and it seems to work ok on the desk. But in the machine it drops without actually being hit pretty frequently.

#4428 2 years ago

The flipper design is also notoriously difficult to work with and can have mechanical drag if things aren't all aligned perfectly or of anything is worn. Some of the experts recommend a "downgrade" to the previous generation of flippers which don't require the same linear alignment, and have less material, therefore less inertia to overcome on activation.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evandickson.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=evandickson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.