IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3697 3 years ago

So, have an ebd le, that has an original 81 pf in it. Want to convert it to an 81 (game needs a backglass anyways). So, what games had the correct cabinet? Need a lift out backglass and hinged head right? Flash gordon would work, but outside of that not sure what I need.

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from Lovef2k:

You can use the Flash Gordon head but you still need the ebd inner lamp panel board that holds the score displays.

That part is easy enough. Buddy has an 81 that I can use to make a template.

Harder part is going to be finding the missing parts to my 7 bank drop tragets.

2 weeks later
#3703 3 years ago

Was planning on replacing all the boards in my EBD and Flash. Partly just for the fun as looking at building boards when possible. I could fix the other's, but thought was to get the games going this year and then look at cab/pf restores next year.

CPU will be Bally FA.
Displays for FG are wolfpac, might get them again or go with lisy displays. Like the foam cover that comes with the wolfpac's though and cost for the kit is within 15 of building a one off of lisy.

Weebly makes kits for the lamp and aux lamp board. I plan on doing leds, but wondered if there was a benefit to going with xpin or alltek? Does one have better fade support?

Driver board doesn't seem to matter who I go with.

Power supply board would probably be weebly.

I have one S&T and it supposedly works and was recapped, but leaning toward geeteoh's when he releases version 3. There is the one out of the UK, but it still uses the original chips which are getting scarce.

3 months later
#4133 2 years ago

Think i have ebd overload.

I now have 3 81 ebds to deal with.
Then a semi populated 81 pf.
Then parts i need to figure out value on.

#4135 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

Holy crap! And in my back yard!

But you have your own ebd already.

#4138 2 years ago

Not when I light it on fire because I can't get these stupid pops to work right! I'm at the finish line with this project (well, aside from fixing my cab which is..mehhhh) and yet I'm stuck in purgatory on one small detail lol. For all intents and purposes my playfield is ROUGH and in need of a lot of TLC on the bottom. So many wallowed out and beat to hell screwholes.
I love ebd but I gotta ask: how'd you end up with three?!

Buddy got 2 basket cases. I got the leftover le. Planned on converting it to an 81.

Got a solid cab, but otherwise rough 81. Took the best of both, sold the LE.

Traded someone for two semi restored examples this weekend and a bunch of parts. The semi populated pf is surprisingly nice.

Probably keep one. Someone was interested in the original 81. Need to fix the one I am keeping (it has a connector issue among other things) and put together the one I will sell.

#4140 2 years ago

Sounds like you ended up with some nice stuff out of what started out as not so nice. The LE cab is a huge WOOF from me. I've taken my $600 example and dumped so much money into it (into the mid-3000 range I think)... But suppose someday I'll be less frustrated by that.. If I can ever dial it in!

After a lot of work, and with a lot of work ahead.

Spare pf is the roughest of the three.

20210509_223910 (resized).jpg20210509_223910 (resized).jpg
#4143 2 years ago

Of the ones i just got. My last le was driftwood. My basket case 81 is in similar shape to dhards.

#4158 2 years ago

Anyone know what the following are worth?
7 bank assembly complete
7 bank rest coils and bracket, complete
7 bank reset coils minus 1 coil
transformer assembly including mounting plate and board

2 years later
#5255 9 months ago

I could use a little help. For some unexplained reason a previous owner replaced all the braided wire under the playfield with undersized solid core wire that burns. This is an 81 with all 555 sockets. It looks like someone stripped the bottom of the playfield, and then reassembled haphazardly. Mismatched hardware, hacks, you name it. I am trying to set it straight.

I am converting the game to yopsicle boards and using picture hanging wire people suggest elsewhere on pinside, but I am trying to verify how the cpu ground wire is run. From the image gallery it looks like the ground starts at the shoot again insert, then runs down the middle til it hits the slings. From there it runs over to the left inlane/outlane inserts(when viewing under the machine). It then runs through the center, to the right inlane outlane inserts.

From there I am having trouble making out what happens. Does it go through the drop target inserts first or the center? Is there really only one ground connection for the center insert lights? From the shoot again all the way up to the drop target lights?

#5258 9 months ago

Figured I would add a few pics. This is why you always check games before buying. I got this from a long time friend and fellow pinsider. They had it for years, never shopped it out. I bought it based on a few old pics and since it was already folded up did not look it over before buying because I trusted them... By the time I figured it out they had spent the money and i got a "I hope this doesn't affect our friendship."

Aside from the undersized wiring that had burned through and been soldered back together. There were a few electrified t-nuts because I guess t-nuts hold better than staples? Game has a mismatch of hardware. Found two screws snapped off in the wood so far. Top side of the pf, lotta broken plastics, unshopped, lot of wrong hardware. Lot of extra holes in the pf near where posts go because they don't believe in fixing stripped holes. The only upsides are that the cabinet is solid and the hardware isn't rusty. I paid 2500 for this turd. Had I known I wouldn't have touched it for half that. It will be an ok example when I finish, but the amount of work required to fix this means I won't be buying anymore games off *friends* without going over them just the same as I would a stranger so lesson learned.

Branded (resized).pngBranded (resized).pngBurnin (resized).pngBurnin (resized).pngElectrified (resized).pngElectrified (resized).pngScorched (resized).pngScorched (resized).pngSmoking (resized).pngSmoking (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5260 9 months ago
Quoted from BigAl56:

However do not confuse the braided switched bus with the braded GI lamp bus wires. They are separate circuits. None of these braded wires should come i contact with any exposed metal or other wires.

Oh, they won't. I am ripping everything out to be safe. Besides the wire had burned through in multiple places so even if it had worked with led lamps, it wouldn't necessarily hold up to vibration.

3 weeks later
#5302 8 months ago

Not going to defend the registration issues but the colors? Have seen too much variation in original nos parts. There are three separate versions of ebd years apart and to think that all have the same colored plastics is laughable.

#5305 8 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

The ones installed are also CPRs. Flesh tones are pale white. Seriously she needs a tan. Originals siting on top. I’ve since put the originals back in.[quoted image]

And? That is your plastics vs theirs. Doesn't change that there were three separate runs of ebd years apart. Hell, when you get into the large scale production runs there are often multiple manufacturers involved in making the same parts. Colors can vary not only by manufacturer but different depending on when it was made in the run.

#5307 8 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Do you honestly think that looks good?

Do I get upset because one is more brown?

No, I play my pinball machines. I don't fawn over minute details that you can't even be completely sure are wrong. To be completely honest the colors on both are fine to me. I'm pretty sure if I had a shopped game with either no one would comment on them. Then again I've had nos plastics from a number of games that didn't look the same as the ones I pulled out.

the registration on some of their plastics is poor. I am shopping an le and an 81 right now. I am using an old plastic set of theirs and few holes are off. I am making it work but can understand frustration. That to me is sloppy work. I do not know how old the set is since it came with one of the other five prior ebd's I have owned.

#5308 8 months ago

And for fun here are two sets I pulled off my 81 and le. One set is darker than the other. The brown while more orange than my CPR set is a different shade on both sets.

Another is look at the details. The lines for the right side of the cowboy's brim are noticeably thicker. The same on the cowgirls neck. The registration on from the le is overall thicker across the entire plastic.

I prefer the thinner lines on the earlier set but bother are correct. Now remember that there were thousands of sets made across 81, 82 and 84. The colors will vary and if cpr used a darker brown set as a reference, it is still correct.

20230810_223209 (resized).jpg20230810_223209 (resized).jpg20230810_223411 (resized).jpg20230810_223411 (resized).jpg20230810_223428 (resized).jpg20230810_223428 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 90.00
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Displays
Retro Electro Designs

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.