IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

CPR says give it at least 30 days to cure. What’s the general consensus on storing these during that time? Flat, standing on end like the photo, standing long ways? Does it even matter?

Store it flat on it back. Preferably under your bed, under the couch, or under a machine. You can put the brown paper it came in back on it to protect it from dust, but don't wrap it up tight. Just kinda gently lay it on top, so that the solvents can evaporate off and the clear can chemically cross-link.

2 months later
#3424 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Looking to FINALLY rebuild my flippers. At least the lowers, not the upper. Where is the best place to get rebuild kits? PBL, PBR, Marco or? And, any tips or do's and don't's? 1st time rebuilding flippers so....

Take this with a grain of salt, but here's my input:

I like the kit from PBR the best. But their flipper bushing are 1/16" too short, and causes the flipper to *almost* drag on the pf. With a little bit of bushing wear, it would be touching the pf--not good! So I use the bushings from Pinball Life. This issue has been on multiple kits from PBR.

I've not had good luck with the full kit from Pinball Life. There always seems to be some odd sort of binding occurring. I've narrowed it down to the coil stops, but just can't figure out what's different about them.

I haven't used a kit from Marco in while, but the last one I bought worked fine, IIRC.

3 weeks later
#3551 3 years ago

Has anyone tried the set of clear plastics from Playfield Protectors? Do they exhibit the same issues?

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/k-P8fMH7BUyaJZcTYDBoow?categoryid=24&category=-&name=Eight%20Ball%20Deluxe%20%7C%201981

#3556 3 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'd try them but shipping is bonkers.[quoted image]

Yeah, the best way is to buy them with a pf protector (for a different game). But I think I've seen them on epay every now-and-then.

2 years later
#5198 11 months ago

Welp, I joined the club 2x now. My first one is a project. My second one is a complete basket case.

It looks like someone was doing a half-assed restore, and got distracted in the middle of it. Seems it was destined for a hard top.

Cabinet has been sanded. Most stuff appears to be in place internally.
PF has been stripped of all topside parts. Bottom side parts are just hanging there. PF sanded down.
Interior of head has been gutted, including the wire harness

The bad part of all of this is none of the stripped parts came along with the machine, so I'm going to be searching for lots of stuff.

If you have any spare parts, please let me know.

Here's the basket case:

IMG_5059 (resized).JPGIMG_5059 (resized).JPGIMG_5062 (resized).JPGIMG_5062 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#5215 10 months ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Is there a part number for this large drop target reset pin? As you can see it has a carriage bolt and want to correct it.
[quoted image]

I believe this is it:

S-739-229 Link Pin

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/S-739-229

#5216 10 months ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#5290 8 months ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

This question was asked earlier in this thread, but there was no response.
The left top lane ball gate is A-1475-12 and my bracket is missing the spring ball gate. Can't seem to find one from any US shop. Marco has an A-1475-10 but I have no idea what the difference might be or if it will work. Anyone sell just the spring steel ball gate itself?
Any help appreciated!

They look to be the same part (except the -10 is a changeable direction). You're not going to find jus the spring steel. But the -10. If for some reason it doesn't work, you can just take the spring steel from the -10 and put it in your -12.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
$ 90.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.