Topic Stats

• 2,405 posts
  • 273 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by gameroomzone
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 832 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191210_173622.jpg
20191204_191656.jpg
IMG_6858 (resized).jpg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpg
IMG_6860 (resized).jpg
IMG_6859 (resized).jpg
IMG_6857 (resized).jpg
IMG_6856 (resized).jpg
IMG_6854 (resized).jpg
IMG_6855 (resized).jpg
IMG_6853 (resized).jpg
010 (resized).JPG
1572191570205240149702 (resized).jpg
1572191474649-1489321371 (resized).jpg
16847272469173216103 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20191008-070503 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captive_ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#424 3 years ago

Looking at the 4th picture from post #386.....I don't see anything there. Your picture was the only on in this thread that shows this area with good detail.

Calling Gatecrasher!

1 week later
#428 3 years ago

A red and a blue added to the right back of white drop targets....very patriotic

1 month later
#504 3 years ago

I agree, I really like the "bad cowboy" version....fits in so well with the other classic early SS Ballys

1 month later
#556 3 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Small run, like 30 just to use up inserts they had on hand.

Where did you read that? They are making a small run of Centaur and Fathom to keep production moving...since that was all the inserts they had, but I don't think that number applies to any another of "pre-order" games. Even the Boutique Zone says they want 40-50 sign-ups before proceeding.

1 week later
#563 3 years ago

Light boards up on Ebay is anyone is looking for a set

ebay.com link » Lite Boards For Eight Ball Deluxe Pinball

1 week later
#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Couple more pics

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

I like the custom backbox light blocks you made. Cheap alternative that got the job done.

1 week later
#592 3 years ago

It does look like solder was put on the contact from the picture.

#594 3 years ago

Color me jealous Nevus! Looking forward to seeing...maybe playing...the finished product

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Anybody needing a EBD backglass in nice shape? $100 + shipping

Can you please show a picture of the back of the backglass?

1 week later
#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Nveld:

New rubbers, lights, and some twist sockets! Sorry this was a duplicate so I added some more.

Nice....now time for lots of this.............

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

The one I have is a little rough, but plays like a dream.

......and that's why I would like to take this opportunity to call DIBS! Thanks again for bringing to TPF, between myself and a couple friends, we put over 50 plays on that machine.

1 week later
#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It hasn't been my experience. A 1984 version in equal condition to an original 1981 will never be worth more to the vast majority of buyers. The 1981 version is by far the most-desirable. The 1984 comes in second and the Limited Edition is third.

I agree.......Prices have generally been higher on the 81 version....as I have been looking around the last year. The 81 is my preference, but I'd buy Mk1Mod0's in a heartbeat and its an 84.

1 week later
#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Future_Spa:

Think you may have been in contact. I have an EBD, 1981 in 8.0-8.5 shape all around.
I am looking to trade for BOP in similar condition

Is $3800.00 in Canadian dollars?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35681

#678 3 years ago

^^^^Very nice

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Would love to join the owners club. Anyone looking to sell their EBD or EBD LE? Would love a nice restored one but better than Players quality would be fine too. Message me if interested.
Thanks!

Not sure which version you are looking for...several listed for sale on Pinside. All the 1980-81 version

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35745
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36036
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/35681

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

What price range do nice 8 Ball Deluxes go for these days?

Looking at these being listed over the handful of months, these are my opinions. Of course if you are patient, you might be able to find a better deal.

LISTED PRICES
Players 1200-1800
Nicer originals 2200-2800
Repro playfields 3000-4000 These are not restored versions.

1 week later
3 weeks later
#774 3 years ago

^^^^^Looks great

1 week later
1 week later
#825 3 years ago

Wow, huge difference in music

1 month later
#846 3 years ago
Quoted from DocGar:

Have a tumbler but need suggestions on media. Type and where to procure? Tnx as always...

Here's a tumbler thread...should be some good info for you in there

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tumbler-question-walnut-media-and#post-2928234

1 week later
#850 3 years ago

Congrats Underspin....playfield looks nice

#864 3 years ago

EBD for sale in Richmond, VA....seller looking for offers, no price listed.

richmond.craigslist.org link

#866 3 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Thank You I e-mailed richmond craiglist. Looking for a Eight Ball Deluxe. Looking for one that is at least complete with all wiring, transformer, playfield parts.
Thank You

Good luck, hope your able to snag it for a good price. Let us know if you get it

3 weeks later
#905 3 years ago

Officially an EBD member as of a few weeks ago. It has red finned posts on it. I have heard mention of the blue posts fading to a pinkish color, but these a bright red. Interesting...think I am going to keep it "as is"
IMG_2026 (resized).JPG

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from dragdaily12:

Ebd woodie. 1 year in the making. Seek peek pics. Waiting on custom backglass but this is the topper in progress.

Wow....didn't see that coming. Very nice thanks for sharing, looking forward to completion

3 weeks later
#940 3 years ago

EBD is a title you can actually get enough light on most of the playfield from it's insert placement. Must be the scattered pool ball configuration that helps that along. Fathom is really dark in the lower middle as an example....not EBD. What a classic!

#943 3 years ago

Very nice indeed..and I WAS feeling good about re-rubberized mine today with clear in place of the old white onesimage (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

#947 3 years ago

Very nice HPR...thanks for sharing pictures. Gorgeous machine.

2 weeks later
#977 2 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Happy Holidays.
Which apron decal is correct for early version EBD with lift out backglass? The one with white background with the P touching the I in the word pinball is not correct. Yellow or beige?
Thank You

Here is a picture of mine. FYI...there is a couple Pinsiders making new repro aprons...would have to check to see if there is still space for EBD

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reproduction-bally-aprons

EBD_1 (resized).JPG

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

HOME now. Here are a couple pics of the apron on my current EBD

Your EBD has the plastic inlanes on top instead of on the bottom. Interesting. Mine only has the metal guides.

Looks like the stock way is the plastic on the bottom with the metal on top...go figure there would be modification over the years from people on a 35+ year old game

#988 2 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

I got the metal return lane guides from Cliffy. How did you all handle the metal posts on those? Wondering if there is a newer part that looks comparable.
I've been totally loving EBD game play and wish I had space to add more classic games to my collection.

There is a guide on Cliffy's website....you file the metal posts off the old guides. I did it on my FG.
IMG_2749 (resized).png

#996 2 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

It's only common sense. You want the plastic piece to wear - not the ball.
It is designed to be replaceable and is inexpensive. In the field though, operators would do whatever necessary. Switching the two guide pieces around was a "rig" they did to keep the game running if they didn't have the correct plastic replacement. Long-term wear and tear was not a consideration.

Great...now that I hear all this while my example has only the metal guides....where can I get the metal spacers? Pinball Resource? Sure I could likely use something else too, if needed. I believe I saw in this thread someone had made the plastic replacement guides...will need to look further into that.

6 months later
#1349 2 years ago

I'd go with Pinball Resource...1 3/16"
IMG_3342 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#1516 2 years ago

Looks great...wish you would have kept the Bally flipper bats though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elkhart, IN
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captive_ball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside