IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Winball_Pizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 9 years ago

OOoooo 8bd club! I'm a member but, just barely and I need some help. Mine is the original cab. Near perfect backglass. Cabinet is in decent shape. Got some CPR plastics from Gene at a show. The problem is the PF is in terrible shape. It has mylar and the majority of the PF was saved but, the paint is really flaky so there's no chance of taking that mylar off without taking a bunch of paint with it. I was just going to clean it up and play on it but the PF is in really bad shape. You can rub paint off with your finger! I've been trying to hunt down a overlay or a repro PF but, no luck. I want to do a full resto on this one but, until I can get a PF I'm stuck. Its such a great game and this one deserves to be revived from the dead. If anyone can help me find or has a PF/overlay they want to get rid of I'd appreciate it greatly!!

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Anyone sanded an EBD playfield down, and used a full graphic overlay? I have a playfield that is beyond my abilities to retouch.
Did you have to do anything to the surface, after installing the overlay?
How does it play?
Were you happy with the results?

I dont have any experience with overlays but, I've heard its like playing a game with full mylar. There's a lot of negative review from people that have used overlays but, I think most of them didn't prepare their pf properly and just stuck the overlay on top of their wrecked PF. I would think that if you started with a fully sanded, level and clean surface you'd be ok. If I find one I think I'm going to sand first, clear and then apply the overlay to the roughed up clear. I cant seem to find anyone selling them or making them anymore so if you find them let me know

1 week later
#91 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Herb at fabfan.com says he has EBD overlays. He quoted me $250, shipping included.
I was unsure about the quality of the finished product.

Got in touch with Herb and I'm going to give this a shot. We'll see if it turns out but, its going to be better than my planked flaked mess of a PF I have now

#96 9 years ago

Hey Vid any advice on applying a overlay? I know you've covered nearly ever other subject known to man!

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from TrainH2o:

Really, Magic Eraser? Never would have thought.
I suppose the trick is knowing when to stop.

My 8BD has a similar look but, running your finger of the paint can remove chips of paint. Its sad that the majority was covered by mylar from the factory except the lower portion of the PF. I think it could be almost stripped clean with a mild Magic Eraser scrub.

On a Playboy I'm working on for a friend there are a lot of areas that seem like the topcoat is cracking a lot or there are tons of ball swirl. I started going slow with ME on this and it handled heavy pressure fairly well. You might see come color from PF paint but, you'll notice that before you do any damage.

I actually ended up using a drill and a buffing wheel with pre-wax compound to clean up a large part of the pf. It went a lot faster and the results were better than what I was getting with ME.There is a huge risk of taking up loose flecks of paint etc, but I planned on doing touch up so I wasn't really that concerned.

#119 9 years ago

This is way down the road talk here but, does anyone know what the original colors on the first release cab actually were? I've seen varying degrees of white on the original run cabinets. I know when I re-stenciled my Joust cabinet people already had matched the colors to latex paint colors sold at home improvement stores. Any resource like that for pins?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomsburg, PA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Winball_Pizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=Winball_Pizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.