IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Troyster42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1590 6 years ago

Hi Guys,
Hoping for some help. I picked up a EBD LTD for a friend last week. It will be his first pin and I wanted to look over it a little. Everything works and plays fine. The MPU goes through the 7 flashes and the sound 5. This still has a rechargeable battery on the board, I’m pretty sure its not original. When I first looked at it the sound was set to the default chimes I think it wasn’t played enough and the battery drained. I went into the self test and set it to 03 so it sounds normal again. Now I can’t get back into the book keeping or adjustments. I can do the self tests and when I push the button again there is nothing. Even trying to push it 23+ times there is still nothing just the GI and the only way to get out of it is to turn it off and back on. Its still retaining the sound setting and high score. Could it be the ram chip is going bad? I was going to suggest to him putting a 3 aa battery pack off board but if it could be the chip maybe go with a nvram from Pintech, simple swap of the chip.

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Just do the NVRAM & be done with it forever

I do think thats the best route to not have to worry with the batteries and more but do you think that will fix the issues I'm having now?

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from Troyster42:

Hi Guys,
Hoping for some help. I picked up a EBD LTD for a friend last week. It will be his first pin and I wanted to look over it a little. Everything works and plays fine. The MPU goes through the 7 flashes and the sound 5. This still has a rechargeable battery on the board, I’m pretty sure its not original. When I first looked at it the sound was set to the default chimes I think it wasn’t played enough and the battery drained. I went into the self test and set it to 03 so it sounds normal again. Now I can’t get back into the book keeping or adjustments. I can do the self tests and when I push the button again there is nothing. Even trying to push it 23+ times there is still nothing just the GI and the only way to get out of it is to turn it off and back on. Its still retaining the sound setting and high score. Could it be the ram chip is going bad? I was going to suggest to him putting a 3 aa battery pack off board but if it could be the chip maybe go with a nvram from Pintech, simple swap of the chip.

I did install the NVRAM and the problem is gone, I can get into all of the adjustments fine now. I thought I would post in case anyone else is having similar issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Troyster42.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=Troyster42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.