IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pmaino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#695 7 years ago

Would love to join the owners club. Anyone looking to sell their EBD or EBD LE? Would love a nice restored one but better than Players quality would be fine too. Message me if interested.

Thanks!

#704 7 years ago

Looking to buy a restored EBD. Anyone looking to sell theirs? Please PM. Thanks

#717 7 years ago

Hi all. I am looking to find a rebuild kit for an EBD. Can anyone suggest where to buy a flipper rebuild kit that can convert the Linear Flipper to the more traditional WPC Flipper assembly?

#728 7 years ago

Which version WPC flipper rebuild kit will work with EBD?

1 week later
#736 7 years ago

Has anyone installed an Alltek Ultimate MPU in their Eight Ball deluxe?

I did today and noticed that some of the sounds are incorrect. My game loads up properly and all the sounds are correct up to that that point. Once I start a game some of the top rollover lane sounds are now chimes and the left rollover targets sound is incorrect.

I cleared the memory on the MPU board and made sure I have the correct dip switch settings for eight ball deluxe. This did not help. I put back my old MPU and the sounds were correct.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks,

Pete

#737 7 years ago

Never mind. I found an option in the book keeping that allows you to change chimes to sounds. Option 18 on the menu. Setting 3

#741 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This is not a hard MPU dipswitch setting, it is a game adjustment setting.
When you swapped MPU it reset the feature by default.
It is detailed in the manual.
This applies to nearly all early Bally games from 1978-1984.
Go to diagnostics.
Press red self test button to #18 in credit display.
Change setting to "03".
Cycle through remaining settings until reset.
Sounds restored.
Chimes actually sound better on some games, but not EBD.

Thanks for that. Still learning how these older Bally games work.

#744 7 years ago

Light Socket Troubles

So I have around 4 or 5 controller lamps that are not working. They have LEDs in them and I have the Alltek lamp driver board in there. I have tested the light socket on the first one by jumping from ground to the soldered tab on the socket when in lamp test mode. The light immediately goes on. So I think this must mean there is a continuity issue from socket to the board? I have tested continuity from the solder point on the socket (yellow GRN wire) to the IDC connector at the driver board and continuity is good. What else should I be doing to trouble shoot this? Could there be an issue with the lamp driver SCR?

Thanks,

Pete

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#747 7 years ago

Is there any way I can jump the SCR to officially confirm it is a bad SCR? How would I do that?

4 weeks later
#806 7 years ago

Does anyone have a picture of their tilt mechanism? I want to see if mine is wired correctly because when the tilt activates one of my pop bumpers fire. Anyone know why this would happen?

Also, what is the deal with the metal ball in the channel above? Mine is stuck in the dead center. Is that normal? How should this function?

Thanks.

#808 7 years ago

Thank you. Any idea why a pop bumper would fire instead of the tilt going off?

#811 7 years ago

It's the tilt plum bob setting it off.

#813 7 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions, I will start to dig in.

A side note. I took a look at the provided picture and noticed the two wires connected to the top screw of the plumb bob was connected to the screw above that holds the channel for the silver ball. Switched this and no change.

Also, the pop bumper fires only when I touch my finger to the plumb bob. If I use a pencil to push it into the metal piece nothing happens. Very strange

1 month later
#853 7 years ago

1200 - 2500 depending on condition is what i have seen.

10 months later
#1461 6 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Hello,
Have a pole for EBD Pinitech UNO white led displays.
What would you choose?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-pinitech-displays-what-color

Amber all day long.

2 months later
#1517 6 years ago

Gorgeous! I agree with Captive_Ball you should put back the original Bally flipper bats...

4 months later
#1704 6 years ago

Hey guys quick question in regards to my EBD. MY slingshots are giving me airballs when the ball hits in the middle of the sling right by the kicker. It has a new CPR playfield so maybe the additional thickness of the PF is affecting this?

Any thoughts on how to adjust? Potentially using a softer coil?

Thanks.

-Pete

#1705 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Hey guys quick question in regards to my EBD. MY slingshots are giving me airballs when the ball hits in the middle of the sling right by the kicker. It has a new CPR playfield so maybe the additional thickness of the PF is affecting this?
Any thoughts on how to adjust? Potentially using a softer coil?
Thanks.
-Pete

Ok solved my own problem. I put a small washer under each post which raised the height of the rubber on the slingshot. No more air balls. Hopefully this can help someone else who has issues with their CPR playfield.

1 week later
#1715 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the inlane ball return plastics? I know cliffy makes metal ones but I was hoping to keep it close to the original with clear plastics. The ones I have are from Bay Area amusements but clearly they were not strong enough. Look what a wild airball did to mine.

02FAD6F2-FC5E-4BD6-BB50-6196938627E2 (resized).jpeg02FAD6F2-FC5E-4BD6-BB50-6196938627E2 (resized).jpeg

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I MIGHT have an extra one at home. I'll check later. .

Thanks!

#1719 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Got one. Still has the protective film on it. You need 1 or 2? I have 2.

PM’d you.

2 weeks later
#1783 6 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does anyone know where to get the inlane ball return plastics? I know cliffy makes metal ones but I was hoping to keep it close to the original with clear plastics. The ones I have are from Bay Area amusements but clearly they were not strong enough. Look what a wild airball did to mine.

Still searching for this plastic. Does anyone have some spare ones to sell?

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from g94:

Sure. I have a few spare sets. I had them lasercut from PETG, based on my original yellowed plastics, and they are a perfect fit. I can email you the file and you can have them lasercut yourself. Or I can send you a set.

Yes I would love a set. Sent you a PM.

Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pmaino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=Pmaino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.