IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1324 Explanation of paints used for screen printing Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1325 What happens when white is used as a base in paint Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #1331 Double screening on playfields Posted by KevinCPR (6 years ago)

Post #2099 Note changing some GI and chase light sockets: bulbs may sit too high. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Post #2103 Correct bulb holder to fit bulbs. Posted by Madmax541 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blitzburgh99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#388 8 years ago

Which non Limited Edition version is more sought after, and why? The first version with the yellow/white apron and painted front, or the second (third) release with black front and black apron?

#391 8 years ago

Is there a big price difference between the versions? Of course, condition is everything, but all things being equal condition wise, what are the price ranges for each version?

1 week later
#403 8 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe in da house! Let the work begin.

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#415 8 years ago

My playfield has a few small wear spots down to the bare wood. I just want clean it and play it without doing a restoraation on it. What suggestions are out there to hold the wear spots to what they are now without further erosion or the spots growing?

2 weeks later
#423 8 years ago

Starting a topside clean and shop job. Found this pin between the two star posts at top right of playfield. Is there something else that's supposed to be there?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#507 8 years ago

I'd like to redo the apron on my EBD Classic version. Are there decals to be had out there anywhere?

#511 8 years ago
Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

I have the same version EBD. Black apron with Bally-Midway on it. Gold over red. I'm working on it...

With the new batch of CPR Playfields coming out, if you made these available for EBD Classic I believe you would be able to sell more than a few of them. I would be in for two sets.

#513 8 years ago

It's kinda funny....the 1981 version has the mean cowboy backbox while the overall color scheme of the Classic version has more of a Johnny cash bad boy feel to it, yet has a kind, married cowboy on it!

1 week later
#531 8 years ago

Can anyone recommend the best place to buy replacement blue star posts and the nylon nut covers for above the plastics on an EBD Classic?

#542 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

"First round" EBD cabinet restoration completion before final color edging, fine detail pinstriping, side black painting touchup, and clear coat.
Getting closer.
IMG_20160329_015803_(resized).jpg

Looks fantastic! Did you just paint over the decal, or did you strip everything down to wood and start there? I have an EBD Classic that could use some touch up, and this has me inspired to take to a higher level.

#547 8 years ago

My 84 does have the star posts. They are just crumbling and need replaced!

Just had all the boards gone through and waiting to be reinstalled. Playfield is top aide stripped and waiting for reassembly. Gotta get this moved up the priority list over work and family! Haha!

1 month later
#631 7 years ago

Where can I find a good, straightforward reference to replace these metal pieces into new plastics?

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#642 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I designed/machined plastic protectors for 8 Ball Deluxe.
I wonder if there'd be much interest in them.
they came out nice.

Interested

#644 7 years ago

Would be sweet if it included the ball lane guides

2 months later
#801 7 years ago
Quoted from maestro:

I just got done making these today. The ones I received in my plastic kit are junk. I am making these myself by hand and test fitted it. Works great so far. I'm not going into business here, I have a good career already, but if anyone is interested maybe we can work something out. I'm more interested in keeping our EBD's rolling and preserved than making lots of money.
PM me if interested.
Keep in mind I am making these with hand tools so no two will be exactly alike or machine perfect. I think they are very presentable especially looking at what our options are. If that is acceptable get in touch with me and we'll see what we can do.

Can you make those with the metal bells already in them? Now those would sell like hot cakes!!!!

2 months later
#867 7 years ago

Ok...the lane guide plastics in my set are WAY off...anyone know where I can get the right sized ones with the screw holes in the correct spots? Ugh!

3 weeks later
#895 7 years ago

Finally got my EBD up and runnng, playable and into the game room after sitting in the garage for almost a year!

Anyone with good suggestions on adding LEDs? Brand, colors, etc

IMG_5333 (resized).JPGIMG_5333 (resized).JPG

#903 7 years ago

Not sure how many others use the High Scores function on Pinside, but I like to keep track of my scores using it. I have a dilemma when it comes to my EBD scores....

I have an '84 classic edition...I noticed there are only a few scores listed there. Looking at the original 81, there are many more scores. All theee versions have its own high scores list.

Since the game plays the same on all three versions, where should I put my scores to have a good gauge of how I compare to other players of EBD?

#907 7 years ago

3 ball or 5 ball?

2 weeks later
#921 7 years ago

Tech question...the ball eject coil is firing on the EBD, but the lever not hitting hard enough for ball to make it to the shooter lane. Pushing it manually, it doesn't seem to be binding up at all. Just like the coil not firing strong enough. I've read either the coil fires or doesn't if it's bad. What could cause this?

#924 7 years ago

Other symptoms....
- multiplier inline drop targets not popping up
- pop bumpers sometimes fire when left flipper hit and ball not near them
- ball 2 drops before first ball plunged when first ball goes to eject
- upper saucer not ejecting when ball goes into it
- all displays showing ghosting of some digits
- GI dims when flippers hit

I'm thinking something going on with the boards? Game worked great for about 50 plays after being serviced. Now it's getting all kinds of buggy stuff happening. The game did sit idle for a number of years. I paid a well know board guy to go through everything and he said all checked out great. New cap. Soders reflowed. Etc

#925 7 years ago

Spring good. All tight to playfield. No broken connections to coil. Cleaned sleeve and all. Still same issue on the kicker. Just very weak

#931 7 years ago

Update: reseated all connectors and all the little gremlins seem to have disappeared...but new problem. None of the displays are working. Which connector is responsible? Has to be a connector??

1 week later
#955 7 years ago

What are the best connectors to replace all of mine and where is best place to get them?

1 week later
#966 7 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Got my EBDLE last night.
Playfield is very nice, just needs a bit of drop target maintenance and I will eventually do a topside teardown/cleaning. Do those Cliffy return lane guides eliminate the ball hop?
I see Marco has the finned blue posts. Anyone order those, and if so will they be dark or light blue? Some of my posts have chipped at the bottom, but I do like the light blue look they have... possibly just from age.

Dark blue

1 month later
#1068 7 years ago

What color flipper rubbers were originally used on the 1984 edition?

2 weeks later
#1093 7 years ago

New High Score!!!

IMG_6127 (resized).JPGIMG_6127 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1106 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Does you machine have incandescent or LED GI bulbs? Looks good!

Everything is Incandescent except for 3 cool white LED in "game over", "ball in play", and "high score" in the backbox

#1129 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Yeah but then it doesn't look they way it is supposed to. For those of us purists who played these machines when they were new, LEDs look wrong. Younger pinball fans who weren't around back then are usually more open to mods like this.

I put some cool white LED in the backbox and it really washed out the art. I might try some warm white LED to see if I could reduce some game heat. But it would have to look exactly like original.

3 months later
#1272 6 years ago

Received word that my playfield is ready to ship and paid for it today. Based on the pics on their website, looks white, not cream colored, for those wondering.

#1282 6 years ago

Just got notice that playfield has shipped and ETA of June 16!

#1291 6 years ago

Here is something interesting to note regarding playfield color:

My 1984 has neither the creme white nor the pure white that is matter of debate here. This playfield is all original and those areas under debate have no color, just bare wood.

Where does this take the discussion?

Were all originals bare wood and the lacqeur yellowing over time lead IPB to believe it was creme white? Did CPR take it one step further and add their take that it's pure white? Did midway attempt to cut costs eliminate all color there?

The debate/mystery continues...

IMG_7531 (resized).JPGIMG_7531 (resized).JPG

IMG_7532 (resized).JPGIMG_7532 (resized).JPG

IMG_7533 (resized).JPGIMG_7533 (resized).JPG

#1293 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

The round circles where the stand-up switches are is the bare wood. The off white
is the creme color around the rest of the playfield under the plastic.

That's what I'm saying and showing....my playfield has NO color under the playfield plastics. Bare wood. It is definitely not white nor creme white. Here is closer look:

IMG_7534 (resized).PNGIMG_7534 (resized).PNG

1 week later
#1318 6 years ago

IMG_7613 (resized).JPGIMG_7613 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#1370 6 years ago
Quoted from jznethan:

Update and b4/after pics on my machine coming sometime next week (I've had it since i was a kid in the 80's and it sat untouched for over two decades). It's coming along and playing but for now, a question for other EBD owners..
Im In search of m-1330-184-11 which is the clear plastic that divides the multiplier lane from the rollover lane. towards the bottom a chunk is missing that prevents the final support from having a spot.
Also m-1330-189-4 if the price is right. has a bite out of it but not a big deal. i can live w it.
Thanks!
Jay

Just buy a full new set of repro plastics. Easy peezy!

2 weeks later
#1405 6 years ago

I have a CPR Gold Eight Ball Deluxe playfield that I would like to trade for a really nice Fireball Classic. Would be perfect pair next to my 84EBD. PM if interested.

2 weeks later
#1451 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I have a CPR Gold Eight Ball Deluxe playfield that I would like to trade for a really nice Fireball Classic. Would be perfect pair next to my 84EBD. PM if interested.

Now available for sale. $1000 OBO. PM me if you want.
Added over 7 years ago: ***sale pending***

Added over 7 years ago: STILL AVAILABLE

3 months later
#1552 6 years ago

I am on the EBD apron repro pre-order list, but have sold my game. If anyone wants my spot for the apron, send me a PM and I will switch my spot over to you. First PM, first dibs.

Added over 6 years ago: Apron spot has been claimed.

3 months later
#1795 6 years ago

I miss being part of the club....sniff’ sniff’

2 months later
#1839 5 years ago

I miss my 84.....great game! Hope to rejoin the club again someday

1 month later
#1868 5 years ago

Why is the 1984 model not listed on Pinside?

E65E1DEB-133D-4871-BF70-83C226AA7D75 (resized).jpegE65E1DEB-133D-4871-BF70-83C226AA7D75 (resized).jpeg
#1870 5 years ago

So....looks like the 1984 Edition doesn’t have enough ratings for it to be included in the Pinside top 100. That’s why it is missing. So all the 1984 owners, submit your rating and let’s get the 1984 on the list!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 199.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blitzburgh99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well?tu=Blitzburgh99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.