EBD (resized).jpg
IMG_2238 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8271 (resized).JPG
IMG_8132 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).jpeg
EBD_SwitchMatrix_error3.png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 114.
#251 9 years ago

Yeah, those Cliffy ball guides are great!!!

I almost left out the most important pic...

DSC_1071.JPGDSC_1071.JPG
#252 9 years ago

Beautiful game, nice job indy!!

#253 9 years ago

Thanks dothedoo

I have exactly 146 hours into it. I still want to paint the cabinet, one of these days.

#254 9 years ago
Quoted from Windsor:

My Naked LE! No going back now.

I've stripped it down and the resto has started. I'm going to concentrate on the cabinet first. It has a couple extra holes near the coin door that need filling. There is also the common, fiber board damage along the bottom back.

There were a few scrapes that were touched up over the years that will need addressing.

After pulling off the stainless side protectors, I was amazed at the amount of fade on the gold.

When I referred to this as a higher end resto, all I was referring to was I was going to spend the money to get things done right...by professionals. The cabinet will be prepped and sprayed by a pro. I still need to match the gold. It is very unusual, and I'm not sure if its actually a gold or a green/yellow.

I have no illusion of this being a quick restoration. Especially relying on others to tackle some of the work. I still need to make another playfield rotisserie before I can dig into that part of it.

Here's some pics of my starting point.

Can't wait to see what the cabinet looks like when finshed.

Where did you buy the stencils you plan on using?

I'm wanting to re-do the cabinet on my LE soon.

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow looks great. Well done.
I just installed my cliffys on the inlanes. They work great!! Thanks for the heads up PracticalSteve!

You're welcome, but it's cliffy we should all be thanking, the man is a champion of pinball.

#256 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Can't wait to see what the cabinet looks like when finshed.
Where did you buy the stencils you plan on using?
I'm wanting to re-do the cabinet on my LE soon.

Beautiful job on your playfield. I can only hope mine is that nice in 146 hours. As for the stencils, I don't have any. The graphics were all complete on the cabinet and I traced 2 copies of each.

I have a buddy that has been painting for years, and he says it will be no problem making his own from the tracings. I figured I'd let him try because the worst case scenario is I'd have to resand and order a set.

I still am having trouble deciding the actual gold color to spray it with. I'm afraid it will be too gold!

#257 9 years ago

Yeah if anyone figured out the rift colors to use for the cabinet, post here. I want to touchup mine as well.

2 weeks later
#258 8 years ago

did anybody replace his plastics with the plastics set that´s available from Marco and other shops currently?
I did and I noticed that the holes in the inlane plastics do not even closely fit the original holes....

P1030754.JPGP1030754.JPG

They are also of slighly different shape as you can see in this picture (the old plastic on top of the new one):

P1030755crop.jpgP1030755crop.jpg

My problem is now where exactly to drill the new holes without causing the ball hobble effect mentioned earlier in this thread. Should I drill the hole so that the top edge of the plastic aligns as closely as possible with the top edge of the old plastic?

#259 8 years ago

I ran into the same problem w/ a new set of plastics I bought from BAA

I sent a message complaining about it.

They immediately sent me out the correct plastics.

I'd suggest going with the metal version that Cliffy has.

That's what I installed. They look/work great.

#260 8 years ago

I would like to join the club if anyone has an EBD for sale. I posted in the market place, but only got one response. I'm in the SF Bay Area and willing to pay for shipping for the right game at the right price.

Please shoot me a PM if you have something available.

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#261 8 years ago

For EBD I used these colors and it was pretty much dead on. I just printed that and handed it to the paint person.

Recommendations from silverball on RGP:

Creme:
Royal Latex High Gloss (102)
Latex and Oil Enamels midtone 320

INGRD Y 1/48 1/96
B 0 4 1
C 0 18 0
L 0 3 1

Gold: Bountiful Harvest
Latex and Oil Enamels neutral 173A3430

INGRD Y 1/48 1/96
C 2 24 0
KX 0 24 0

#262 8 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

For EBD I used these colors and it was pretty much dead on. I just printed that and handed it to the paint person.
Recommendations from silverball on RGP:
Creme:
Latex and Oil Enamels midtone 320
INGRD Y 1/48 1/96
B 0 4 1
C 0 18 0
L 0 3 1
Gold: Bountiful Harvest
Latex and Oil Enamels neutral 173A3430
INGRD Y 1/48 1/96
C 2 24 0
KX 0 24 0

Thanks! anyone have a handle on the LE cab paint types?

3 weeks later
#263 8 years ago

I'm in the club! We just got our new EBD!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/if-you-like-paragon-you-will-love/page/3#post-2467036

IMG_3863.jpgIMG_3863.jpg

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

2 weeks later
#264 8 years ago

EBD owners,

I am about finished with my EBD refurb, but ran into a little snag. I installed a new plastic set, but have one piece left over (see pic). When I removed everything, this piece was not there. Anyone know where it goes?

Thanks,

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_3997.JPGIMG_3997.JPG
#265 8 years ago

That piece goes into the trash.

#266 8 years ago

does anyone know were I can find a playfield over lay or playfield for sale?

#267 8 years ago

This piece is the left plastic rail under the big your right plastic (left of the 8 ball target). It has not the exact shadow of the original plastic rail, though.

Quoted from MrBellMan:

EBD owners,
I am about finished with my EBD refurb, but ran into a little snag. I installed a new plastic set, but have one piece left over (see pic). When I removed everything, this piece was not there. Anyone know where it goes?
Thanks,
Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

IMG_3997.JPG

#268 8 years ago

Today I listed for sale this new old stock clearcoated playfield:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/21088

Robert

IMG_4549.JPGIMG_4549.JPG
#269 8 years ago

Wish I could afford that playfield...but, at the moment, I'm practically broke when it comes to pinball funds.

1 week later
#270 8 years ago

I'm in with an '81 vintage EBD that we've had for a good 20 years now. Just stumbled on to the club here. I do have a quick question regarding lamps. Wondering if any of you have swapped in LED's for your GI lighting and how it went. Had NO IDEA there were as many choices for PF LED's as there are. My first guess (broad swipe) would be for one of the 'warm' frosted types but I've never seen them installed. Figured I would pick up a few and just experiment. Thoughts? Prior experience?

#271 8 years ago

Got mine setup on location last Saturday. The bowlers have been raving about this game and several of them have been playing it every night.

IMG_0027.jpgIMG_0027.jpg
#272 8 years ago
Quoted from DocGar:

I'm in with an '81 vintage EBD that we've had for a good 20 years now. Just stumbled on to the club here. I do have a quick question regarding lamps. Wondering if any of you have swapped in LED's for your GI lighting and how it went. Had NO IDEA there were as many choices for PF LED's as there are. My first guess (broad swipe) would be for one of the 'warm' frosted types but I've never seen them installed. Figured I would pick up a few and just experiment. Thoughts? Prior experience?

LEDs look great in this game IMO if you go warm white everywhere. I used Comet LEDs TWIN 2835 SMD 6.3V AC/DC INTENSE BRIGHTNESS frosted warm white BULBs in the lights that surround the left and right upper lanes (left rollover, right EB target). Then I used Comet 2 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS with FACETED LENS bulbs for under all the plastics for the rest of the game. Warm white for all GI bulbs except for the top rollover lanes. I color matched those with blue 2 SMD 6.3V AC/DC SUPREME BRIGHTNESS with FACETED LENS bulbs.

#273 8 years ago

I used warm/frosted/white LEDs in mine and it looks awesome!

IMG_4146.JPGIMG_4146.JPG

#274 8 years ago

Tnx for the info guys. MrB, a sweet EBD you've got there. Do you remember which LED bulbs you used?

gmb

#275 8 years ago

Comet warm white frosted bullets

#276 8 years ago

Here is what mine looks like with the bulbs that I mentioned before. Pretty similar.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#277 8 years ago

Looks really nice. I think I've swapped out my last 555 incandescent !

#278 8 years ago

chuckwurt, i'm putting together the shopping list here. what bulbs do you have under the pop bumpers (they look great!) ? tnx again..

#279 8 years ago

Here is what I used for the pops. Comet as well. Since these are not GI, they may flicker or ghost if you don't have an LED board or resistors on the sockets. I have an alltek lamp board in my game that allows me to put LEDs in the whole game without issue. Good luck!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#280 8 years ago

Tnx again Chuck.. Your machine is nicely decked out. I've been thinking about making the switch to LED's; had no idea everybody beat me there !! As you know, a couple of the EBD bulbs can be a nuisance to get to and wouldn't mind one last change out for life of the machine. I looked at the Alltek Universal light board and looks good for our EBD and Fathom. Think that's a go as well. Thanks again man and cheers...

#281 8 years ago

Mr B, Did you use the same warm frosted bulb throughout ??

#282 8 years ago

Yes, but for the playfield only. I left the backglass incandescent to avoid the spotting.

#283 8 years ago

I use Comet clear retros under the inserts in early SS games. Matching colors under red and blue to make them nice and rich, warm white everywhere else. Slightly brighter than 47s (probably more like 44s) and can almost pull off the filament look of an incandescent. Most people don't know until you tell them. Great bulbs.

#284 8 years ago

I put the Comet warm retro whites in the GI...looks great.

On the white inserts, I used the cointaker cool whites. I used a few different color cointaker retro style in the colored inserts.

#285 8 years ago

Hey dothedoo and indypinhead. Tnx for the info. How's about a quick pic of your EBD ?

#286 8 years ago

I installed an overlay on my first EBD, sadly before I started using LEDs.....it could've really used them. It's gone now and I don't really have any good photos. My second one is still in storage awaiting availability of a new playfield.

However, if you want to see what the Comet retros look like you can see them in my Xenon thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/xenon-with-comet-leds-and-custom-upgrades

#287 8 years ago

very nice job on the xenon. was that a cpr pf swap? it's completely sold me on the LED swap. did these require a new lamp board? i see some folks going with the alltek lamp board or jumping the sockets w/ a small value resistor to prevent flicker. i would get a new board if necessary but if i could make it all work without one so much the better. tnx for sharing man...

#288 8 years ago

Thank you, yes I did a CPR swap on it. I used Hans' adapters on the standard Bally lamp driver board, which you can see on page 2 of my thread in post #59. He sells a set of 3 for $30, which does one lamp board. It's a great product and I highly recommend them.

http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product&id_lang=1

#289 8 years ago

So if you swap your Bally lamp board to a Universal Alltek unit or use Hans' adapters, are all EBD lamps covered/ controlled ? Do you need to swap out the auxiliary lamp board as well ?

#290 8 years ago
Quoted from DocGar:

So if you swap your Bally lamp board to a Universal Alltek unit or use Hans' adapters, are all EBD lamps covered/ controlled ? Do you need to swap out the auxiliary lamp board as well ?

I did nothing to the aux lamp board. I just replaced the main lamp board.

#291 8 years ago

Same here. Didn't have to mess with the aux lamp board in Xenon.

#292 8 years ago

Got it. I think I'm going to pick up an Alltek board and just get to experimenting. I saw that somebody mentioned that that was half the fun of it and I think I can buy into that...

Have an unrelated question here. Given the pool theme, I thought it would be cool to have a white ball aka cue ball. Has anyone made available a "cue ball" pinball? I've seen brief mentions of such a beastie but no leads on where to come by one. Ideas guys ??

#294 8 years ago

That's pretty cool, Chuck. Weighs about the same too. Doc, you could use a TZ powerball as a cue ball, but it's lighter and would not play the same.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

That's pretty cool, Chuck. Weighs about the same too. Doc, you could use a TZ powerball as a cue ball, but it's lighter and would not play the same.

Not sure about you guys/gals, but my EBD is already super-fast already. Putting in a Powerball would make the game unplayable IMHO...

#296 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Not sure about you guys/gals, but my EBD is already super-fast already. Putting in a Powerball would make the game unplayable IMHO...

My game is fast too. I hate how those powerballs play anyway, but a good idea if you really want that cue ball look in there.

#297 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Yeah I was pumped when I came across that. the best part about that ball is you can read the spin on it and anticipate where it is going to go easier. Also, I got an eight ball custom shooter rod from pinball_customs. it looks awesome. I am not a huge fan of custom shooter rods, but this one is subtle and works well.

#298 8 years ago

The 8-ball is cool indeed and I swear that I've seen a cue-ball offered by Marco in the past. Can't find it now though. Sent them a quick email on it. Will have to check out that shooter rod CW. Also sounds neat...

#299 8 years ago

Is this the power ball you guys are talking about? Why doesn't anyone like them?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9809

#300 8 years ago
Quoted from DocGar:

Is this the power ball you guys are talking about? Why doesn't anyone like them?
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9809

To me it feels like playing with a plastic ball, and really floaty like a balloon. Haha. Hard to explain. Noticeably different though. Not a good different IMO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 179.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,669 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.