6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Shannyman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

First of all Im not hear to bash classic arcades. About 6 months ago i put on a overlay. I sanded playfield sealed it with wood sealer and let it set for 2 weeks and scuffed it up and cleaned before applying overlay.it went on great made the game look brand new beside the color of the 7 and 15 ball being off a little i was really happy. Today i had a switch acting up so i took glass off and decided to wipe it down. All my inserts are rough i guess it starting to lift. I didnt clear coat it because jeff said it didnt need it. I will buy another overlay from jeff. I just want to know if there is something i can do so this dosent happen the next time.

#2 6 years ago

Clear coat it

#3 6 years ago

Put down playfield protector on top of overlay. They are expensive but worth it

#4 6 years ago

Thx guys.playfield protector sounds like the way to go to save it. On the next one I will definitely take the time to clearcoat it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-overlay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.