8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider policano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Picked up an EBD last night with no sound. Purchased a CAP kit but upon looking into it more I have NO lED light on or flashing when the game boots. repined J1 and TP2 has .5 not 5 VDC (this looks to be GI power) however I have GI lights in the head. Im stumped.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks John! We did do the CAP Kit however as expected, no LED light. It has to be related to the .5 VDC instead of 5 VDC.

#7 8 years ago

you da man Brian! thanks! You were gonna me be my call for help tomorrow

#8 8 years ago

Got the Voice working now and some noises gonna mess with it some more. Thanks again buddy!

#9 8 years ago

We are out of energy to continue tonight. 6:10PM-5:30AM and we have A LOT MORE TO DO!

#12 8 years ago

I have narrowed my problem down to the J3 connector on the driver board. Trying to figure out what wire on J3 is powering the S&T board? I don't seem to understand the schematics. I ordered replacement connectors from Great Plains however the site is closed until later this week. Just trying to find some answers so I can ensure my S&T board is working correctly. When I fiddle with the wires I can get it to work with sound and voice. I don't however have any background music.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#14 8 years ago

I know mine lies in the connector from the Driver board as I mess with the wires I can get it to work. I just am having trouble tracing what wire is powering the S&T board.

#17 8 years ago

thanks for the replies.

Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

Are you getting the flash + 5 blinks on the LED?

No flashes unless I mess with the connectors on driver board. Does do 5 flashes when I have power.

Quoted from knockerlover:

No background music could be a setting on the rom. Have you checked to see what setting #18 is set to? 00, 01, and 02 do not play the background sounds. 03 does.
Does the s&t power off when you wiggle j3? Or does the sound just go in and out?

I will check that, I haven't messed with any of those settings yet. It does power off the S&T board completely and back on when I continue messing with it.

#19 8 years ago

Thanks so much! I will start with them. I don't believe its from the cab as when I mess with the connector on the Driver board is when I can get it to work

#20 8 years ago

We eliminated the connector and still have no power on the S&T board. We have no voltage on TP2 on the S&T board.

#21 8 years ago

This is what we have when testing the connector on J1 S&T:
A3J3-5 TO S&TJ1-9 (44 vdc)
A3J3-16 TO S&TJ1-5 (5 vdc)
A3J3-20 TO S&TJ1-6 (.05 vdc)
A3J3-23 TO S&TJ1-15 (-08 vdc)

#22 8 years ago

Well after having the game on for a few all the inserts stopped working, no power to displays, and now nothing works. I am beginning to hate this old game.

#23 8 years ago

I did notice when I turn on the game the scores and inserts do briefly come on.

#25 8 years ago

Sorry, bad choice of wording. We were able to replace the connector. We took pictures of the existing and also followed the manual. It was late last night. I was trying to say we eliminated the problem lol

#29 8 years ago

when I get home I can get pics. when you turn on the game I see the orange on the displays at the bottom of the displays and then the digits and the inserts briefly come on and the drops no longer reset when power up.

#31 8 years ago

A3J3 Wire Colors. Im starting to wonder if this was done incorrectly or not. in the manual I have things where there are not supposed to be things and its confusing me. Just wondering if you guys also agree?

J3 Pinout
1- empty
2- KEY
3- Brown
4- empty
5- Brown
6- Brown Green
7- empty
8- red
9- empty
10- empty
11- red green
12- empty
13- black jumper to 25
14- brown brown
15- brown green
16- black green
17- green white
18- brown green
19- black red
20- dark brown
21- brown green
22- black green
23- red orange
24-brown red
25- black jumper to 13

I really really appreciate the input and help you have been giving me. I don't typically work on older games but its been fun to be honest and definitely frustrating at times. Thank you again so much! I know the customers that will get to enjoy this pinball will be really thankful it all works

I'll get my Multimeter tonight when I go up to my location and grab it. I forgot it in my Star Trek Pro.

Thanks again,

Tony

#33 8 years ago

I did check the fuses. I was thinking it was a waste of time because I see power on the MPU board as it boots and the insert lights do flash briefly when powered on. I am going to test that again. It was late last night trying to do this and go to work every day

#36 8 years ago

Where is the lamp on the SEB board? I don't see any lights on it. I get the displays and the inserts to flash for a half second during boot up.

#37 8 years ago

on the MPU board I'm getting 1 flash right when I turn on and then 5 flashes.

#43 8 years ago

Ok heres what I got today. I replaced the MPU and Driver Board. Game plays great again with the exception of no sound. No LED on sound board. Once I get the game fully working I am going to start working on the other boards. Everything is working great but no LED on sound board. I have replaced all the CAPS on the S&T board.

#44 8 years ago

On the replacement Alltek Driver board I installed today I noticed the +43VDC is not lit. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. Everything is working fine except no lit on the driver board and no sound LED.

#45 8 years ago

If I pull the F4 fuse the game doesn't boot at all. Im just confused now It appears I must be getting voltage but I'm not get 8 flashes on the Alltek board MPU or the LED on the driver for +43. Still not sure how its related to the sound board that doesn't work or have any LED light on at all.

#46 8 years ago

Ok, after a nightmare of connectors I found out the problem. the +42 is weird. I do have it the light is just not on. the TP shows the correct voltage. As for the S&T board. its the connector. I redid a few of them and its working now. Just need to find out what those molex connectors are called. The wires pass through there not terminate there.

1 week later
#48 8 years ago

Well I'm back at it again tonight. Literally the eve of my kiss launch party and sound is completely dead again.

Brand new mpu
Brand new Driver
Brand new lamp board
Brand new connectors.
Capped the S&T board.
Led light will not light. Everything else 100%. I cannot believe how frustrating this old game has been for me

Does anyone have any suggestions? Doesn't seem like they remake this S&T board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider policano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-no-sound?tu=policano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.