Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by pinzrfun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I recently replaced the lamp driver board on my Eight Ball Deluxe with the Alltek Ultimate LED/Lamp driver board as the old board would not light several bulbs. After installing the board all the lights work (I am using lamps not LEDs) but the solenoid expander board was vibrating in attract mode. When a game is played the vibration stops. I read up on the solenoid expander board and saw that the vibration may be caused by the connected bulb burning out so I replaced the bulb and the vibration stopped. Unfortunately now the DELUXE lights, corner pocket lights, and bank shots lghts stopped working and the left orbit lights are either all on or all off. I checked them in test mode and nothing changed. I tried the old bulb on the solenoid expander board and the vibration returned but the lights did not. I played two more games and all of a sudden my right flipper is machine gunning.

Is it possible the lamps and flipper are related or are these issues unrelated? Any ideas on what to check first? I am also running an Alltek MPU and Alltek Solenoid Driver board.

#2 4 years ago

Check your connectors for the lamp problem.
Mostly the upper left of the lamp driver board.

The flipper problem is unrelated.
Check the windings of the coil.
The hold winding is failing, which cause the flipper to fall back and get re-activated again and again.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Check your connectors for the lamp problem.
Mostly the upper left of the lamp driver board.
The flipper problem is unrelated.
Check the windings of the coil.
The hold winding is failing, which cause the flipper to fall back and get re-activated again and again.

Thanks!

#4 4 years ago

Replaced the flipper coil and that stopped the machinegunning. Also replaced a fuse and all the lights came back on!

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Replaced the flipper coil and that stopped the machinegunning. Also replaced a fuse and all the lights came back on!

Isn't it great when it's easy stuff?? Congrats

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
$ 90.00
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-lighting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.