• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by maestro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150331_130116.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I recently bought an EBDLE. It has a loud humming coming through the speakers (see video below). I am not sure what it is and am looking for suggestions fr troubleshooting or repair. I have 5 other pinball machines in the same room running on the same sockets and they are all quiet. So far I have tried removing the fluorescent back glass bulb and unplugged the lighting ballast from the system. That made no change. I unplugged the headers from the mpu board and heard no change. The loudness of the hum increases and decreases with the main volume knob. I put in a new volume pot and no change. Anyone else ever had this n one of these old Bally's? Otherwise all sounds and voices work properly.

#5 9 years ago

I forgot to mention I did float the sound board from the mounts. Hum did not disappear. Pots on the sound board sound clean when I adjust them. I turn them both all the way down and can still hear some hum. KenLayton, when you say recap the soundboard, which caps do you replace? There are tons of caps all over the board. If I need to do them all is there a kit to make ordering easy somewhere or do I have to get them individually.

20150331_130116.jpg20150331_130116.jpg
#11 9 years ago

Ouch! Nah, it was there when i got it. Has gotten louder. Also we had six machines going and people in and out so it was probably hard to hear. I will probably take you up on the offer. I ordered the kit for the squalk and talk board as well as kits for all the other boards. I figure i may as well do them all since they are all the same age.

I'll post back if this fixes my issue or not.

#14 9 years ago

Good idea on the speaker. I will try that. I did swap the volume pot on the coin door for a new one. No difference.

#15 9 years ago

Recapped the squawk and talk board. That fixed the humming. Now running silent as it should. However a new issue has occurred. As of now I am hearing sound effects but no voice. I've double checked my connections, my recapping placement and my solder joints. I'll start a new thread. Thanks for all the advice.

#17 9 years ago

I didn't replace those because they weren't sounding scratchy when I adjusted them. I did put them in my order so I have them. Good thing because I went back and fiddled with those and my voice came back. I will be replacing those tomorrow. All is well with sound now. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-le-humming?tu=maestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.