11 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Thegeekyhusband
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled3 (resized).png
    Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled2 (resized).png
    AD6A510A-F58B-4814-B376-FDFFA62F6413 (resized).jpeg

#1 11 days ago

Hey folks,

I have an Eight Ball Deluxe LE that was playing okay apart from being set to 5 ball. I decided to change it to three ball, but, after following the manual and changing the switches to the proper setting on the alltek board, nothing changed. I read that a manual reset on the board might help. I gave that a try, but, when trying to set the Alltek board to the game setting + freeplay, the game selection setting being correct would lead to no game coming on. If i changed the game selection setting to be only correct for EBD on credit play, the game would light up and go into a light attract mode.

Now, when in that mode, I was still unable to get the game feature switches to make any changes to the game, and , now there is no sound, no coils firing, ad if I happen to get the ball in play and it drains, the game resets.

I no the audio works because I hear a sort of musical intro when the EBD game loads up on power no, but no "Eight Ball Deluxe" announcer.

Help me pinside Bally geniuses. You are my only hope.

I will admit I am newer to repair/troubleshooting, so the more images or very direct instruction you can provide, it will help me a great deal. Happy to DM folks or share a phone # if that is easier.

#2 11 days ago

Call Alltek......lifetime support.

#3 10 days ago

And I’m an idiot. It’s an NVRam weebly board. Same question.

AD6A510A-F58B-4814-B376-FDFFA62F6413 (resized).jpeg
    #4 9 days ago

Where the four blue dip switch banks are, the very top two dip switches (31 and 32) are for balls per game. Are you putting both the very top two switches to the right (off position) for 3 balls per game?

Note, the picture you posted above shows the game selection dip switches set for "Kings of Steel" game, not "Eight Ball Deluxe". Looks like you're using the Alltek settings which are not suitable for this MPU board.

The game selection black dip switch bank in the middle of the board for Eight Ball Deluxe needs to be set to:
    On, On, On, On, Off, Off, Off, Off

#5 9 days ago
    Quoted from Quench:

Note, the picture you posted above shows the game selection dip switches set for "Kings of Steel" game, not "Eight Ball Deluxe". Looks like you're using the Alltek settings which are not suitable for this MPU board.
    The game selection black dip switch bank in the middle of the board for Eight Ball Deluxe needs to be set to:
    On, On, On, On, Off, Off, Off, Off

That would definitely make a difference.

#6 7 days ago

Ok, so got the dipswitches set (31,32 as well as 25,26) so that the game is in free play, but when it comes on, there is no credit displayed, also, when I press the button , the game doesn’t start and ball doesn’t fire into shooter lane. What else could I be missing?

#7 7 days ago
    Quoted from Thegeekyhusband:

Ok, so got the dipswitches set (31,32 as well as 25,26) so that the game is in free play, but when it comes on, there is no credit displayed, also, when I press the button , the game doesn’t start and ball doesn’t fire into shooter lane. What else could I be missing?

Did you change the game selection dip switches per Quench's message? Picture looks like you are set to the wrong game software. The black dip switch bank set switch one to four ON (switch toggle up). Set switch five to eight OFF (switch toggle down).

If the credits are not being displayed check the manual there is usually a dip switch option (27) to turn off the credits being displayed. If still out use test button to get to audit number five, then push NMI audit clear button on MPU or the center coin switch. That will reset the current credit audit back to zero and then the next boot up it will be in free play assuming mpu dip25 and dip26 are one.

Untitled (resized).png
    Untitled2 (resized).png
    Untitled3 (resized).png

#8 7 days ago

Solved again. My issue was reading the number of the switches. To the left of each switch there was a number, and I was going by those and not the correct once. Got it functioning properly on free play and 3 ball. Thanks folks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bent Mods
    $ 109.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 35.00
    $ 29.95
    $ 400.00
    Playfields
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 25.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 219.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside