Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fb_rider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fb_rider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I just picked up an Eight Ball Deluxe. Overall it's pretty nice, but the 1x 2x 3x 4x drop targets intermittently dont reset. Also the 2 ball drop target drop solenoid does work when this happens. I understand that they are on the same circuit on the Solenoid driver board. I've checked and cleaned all the connections on the Solenoid Driver Board and the solenoid expander board and re-soldered the pins as well. The light and relay on the expander board seem to work fine so I'm guessing that's not the issue.

Just when I think I have it working fine it comes back. Any ideas?

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for the response. I was able to verify all but the 1 and 2 drop target reset solenoids. They are pretty hard to get to.

Would that cause an intermittent issue?

#5 5 years ago

So I decided to remove the wires from each of the 2 solenoids i was having issues with (individually) and when 1 is disconnected the other works fine. I think you have me heading in the right direction

#6 5 years ago

I'm cautiously optimistic. In disconnecting and reconnecting the solenoid wires, I realized that there is a connector of wires going to the target drop solenoids. I pulled it apart, cleaned it, and reconnected it. We've played for over an hour with everything working

Thanks again for leading me in the right direction!

#7 5 years ago

Spoke too soon - the issue is back. I'm going to bed!

#8 5 years ago

What are the chances that this is a solenoid board issue?

#11 5 years ago

Thanks for the input. All of the solenoids work during the test except for the 2 ball target drop and the multiplier targets reset. Those 2 work sometimes but not other times during the test.

During the lamp test the solenoid expander relay does click in and out. The bulb next to it works (even when the solenoids aren't) and is not an LED.

#13 5 years ago

To make sure I have the right parts, that is a TIP102 Transistor and an 1N4004 diode, correct?

#15 5 years ago

Well, that definitely worked I replaced Q14 and CR14 and all is good now. I also replaced the caps on the squawk and talk and now all the sounds work as they should. Another thing is I removed the old battery and added a remote battery pack - fortunately there were no corrosion issues on the MPU.

Now I get to start doing things like replacing the drop targets

Thanks again for your help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 90.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fb_rider.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-issue-1?tu=fb_rider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.