635c8578fc0e6bab32584247546f0b6fd45559a9 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220823-162616-611 (resized).png
triggered-memes-12 (resized).png
pasted_image12 (resized).png
pasted_image54 (resized).png
pasted_image56 (resized).png
aef07774b799242f41f43943773a74579f4a129c (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I was showing a friend the backglass of Bally's Eight Ball Deluxe, saying how women have been a part of pinball and how this was one of the best art on a game
She replied that she felt it was "suggestive"
I have looked and looked, I cannot see anything that is even slightly "suggestive" in this game
Am I missing something, or does my friend have a dirty mind?

#2 1 year ago

EBD suggestive? Seriously? For an early Bally SS that's really tame. Xenon, Playboy, Strikes & Spares plus many others put that to shame.

#3 1 year ago

It just shows you how people are easily offended at anything these days. They could never put that art on today's games.

John

#4 1 year ago

Not inappropriate. People need to get a life.

#5 1 year ago

1. You didn't mention the age range of the person. GenZ? (under 25)
2. And then you didn't mention what "suggestive" means to her.
3. And then you didn't mention what she was feeling when she said that. Pleasure? Disgust? Neutrality like in a museum?

I won't waste time speculating without any relevant info.
I'm sure others will take the bait though.
-mof

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

3. And then you didn't mention what she was feeling when she said that. Pleasure? Disgust? Neutrality like in a museum?
-mof

Subliminal suggestive messaging to make you play more pinball.

#7 1 year ago

Sounds like a leftie "woke" weirdo to me?

What's next? The pinball legs are 'suggestive'.

Time to find a new friend I think.

Added 20 months ago:

hahaha - all of the woke pinsiders are exposed here by downvoting my post - hahaha - now we all know who to AVOID!

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Subliminal suggestive messaging to make you play more pinball.

Xenon- "Try me again". Classic.

#9 1 year ago

Quit talkin' and start chaulkin'...

#10 1 year ago

It *is* suggestive of pool, I suppose.

#11 1 year ago

Get rid of that friend

#12 1 year ago

I think it's interesting perspective that the art is done by Margret Hudson (I believe), who is a woman.

People are entitled to their opinions, but personally I think it's pretty tame/classy art, and some women I know have said that it's rare to see such hot, studly, and relentlessly manly guys in pinball art and they find it refreshing.

#13 1 year ago

Might be worth actually posting a picture of the backglass to help remind people what it looks like.

aef07774b799242f41f43943773a74579f4a129c (resized).jpgaef07774b799242f41f43943773a74579f4a129c (resized).jpg
#14 1 year ago

The time period went along with the movie Urban Cowboy and popularity of bars, country music, and mechanical bull riding. Maybe some pop culture would help the lady friend understand things better?

#15 1 year ago

Your 'friend' might have more to say about the Eight Ball backglass?
pasted_image56 (resized).pngpasted_image56 (resized).png

...OH NO!!! Cartoon cleavage how DISGUSTING!
pasted_image54 (resized).pngpasted_image54 (resized).png

Look at those legs - - - they go all the way up to.............................the cabinet, DISGUSTING!! COVER THEM UP NOW!!!!

pasted_image12 (resized).pngpasted_image12 (resized).png
#16 1 year ago

No way Popbumper Pete has a Gen Z friend.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No way Popbumper Pete has a Gen Z friend.

You are right, just opinionated friends

#18 1 year ago

It is suggestive and it is supposed to be. It was designed that way. So the response should be, “yes, it’s suggestive. Ain’t it grand?”

Edit: thread title says “inappropriate” but the friend supposedly said “suggestive”. So which is it we are meant to judge? They are different standards. Is it suggestive (a cowgirl with huge knockers riding a mechanical bull)? Yes, of course. It is inappropriate? No, not for the setting the machine was made for (a bar, bowling alley). Is it offensive? It should not be to any reasonable person more than any commercial that uses sex appeal to sell.

#19 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

I came here to say this.

This post feels like bait to rile people up and others are falling for it. IMO the people who keep saying "people are so sensitive" are just as bad as the people who are actually too sensitive. They get wound up just as easily.

This post should be titled "people have opinions" because that's all that is happening here.

#20 1 year ago

Isn't that the purpose of an internet forum? You know, for people to post stuff and respond? Just like The PinballCo-op did.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Isn't that the purpose of an internet forum? You know, for people to post stuff and respond? Just like The PinballCo-op did.

lol, to each their own.

I see it as a place for dialog, sharing the hobby, and transactions. So where does this topic land?

This topic looks like trolling to me, where it's only purpose is to get people riled up. Nearly everyone on these forums understands the hobby and sees these games as a work of art or a blip in history and already knows about the suggestive images. There's no point for those people to post here so they won't, therefor this is no dialog to be had.

This post is purely to rile up the "the world is to pc" crowd. It's a troll post 100%. Anyone who responds in such fell for it, imo. I don't see any other reason to post it. It's as if I said "My friend said the President is so ______! Do you agree?" Troll post. I'm just looking for angry dudes to argue with each other.

But maybe some people like to be angry? I shouldn't ruin their fun I suppose. The forum is what you make it!

So continue.

#22 1 year ago

I like this machine and would like to own one someday. Seems like a family friendly back glass to me. I've always liked that Limited Edition cabinet for some reason, which I think has a different back glass if I remember correctly.

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

It *is* suggestive of pool, I suppose.

Ok I'll bite.

It suggests if you use one eye only to line up your shot (without going back to using parallax), and then look at the target and not the ball you are a lousy player. He's going to miss no question. I like that he's going to put some lower left english on the ball and hopefully not scratch.

-mof

#24 1 year ago

It is suggestive and downright exploitative. When will this blatant objectification of men stop?

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Xenon- "Try me again". Classic.

One of the best credit advance sound effects... Ooohhh..

#26 1 year ago

There is one copy of an even more risqué version of EBD's glass. Reportedly it's identical to production except the girl on the bull has one wrist cuff button undone and isn't wearing panties under her jeans.

#27 1 year ago

triggered-memes-12 (resized).pngtriggered-memes-12 (resized).png

#28 1 year ago

I'm just going to leave this here:

Screenshot_20220823-162616-611 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220823-162616-611 (resized).png
#29 1 year ago

It's an affront to polite society, so sell it to me and it can sit between my Xenon and Paragon.

635c8578fc0e6bab32584247546f0b6fd45559a9 (resized).jpg635c8578fc0e6bab32584247546f0b6fd45559a9 (resized).jpg
#30 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

I'm still trying to figure out the triggered party here.
PBP ladyfair said it was suggestive, he he infered she might have a dirty mind For all we know pound-town might have been in the air.

Then people get triggered and can't believe people would think the art was "inappropriate" or "offended, " even though none of that was ever said.

#31 1 year ago

Well, he does have his stick in his hand………..

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from pins4u:

Your 'friend' might have more to say about the Eight Ball backglass?
[quoted image]
...OH NO!!! Cartoon cleavage how DISGUSTING!
[quoted image]
Look at those legs - - - they go all the way up to.............................the cabinet, DISGUSTING!! COVER THEM UP NOW!!!![quoted image]

What about that leering guy in the leather jacket in the background, what exactly is he doing to the waitress who is kneeling on a bench with a shocked look on her face??? The big head of the Fonz blocks it from view.

It seems...suggestive.

#33 1 year ago

How about a game of Pin Ball Pool?

image-A5 (resized).jpgimage-A5 (resized).jpg
#34 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm still trying to figure out the triggered party here.
PBP ladyfair said it was suggestive, he he infered she might have a dirty mind For all we know pound-town might have been in the air.
Then people get triggered and can't believe people would think the art was "inappropriate" or "offended, " even though none of that was ever said.

I am only saying I can be a little slow sometimes
I find it amusing that the artist put 11(?) naked women in the backglass for Pharaoh

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

I am only saying I can be a little slow sometimes
I find it amusing that the artist put 11(?) naked women in the backglass for Pharaoh

Yeah, this chica was horny big time.

#36 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Might be worth actually posting a picture of the backglass to help remind people what it looks like.[quoted image]

I feel like there might be a bible hidden somewhere in the backglass art. This backglass is tame compared to the actual movie.

#38 1 year ago

If she was seriously triggered as opposed to horny, might be better to dump her before this goes any further!

#39 1 year ago

Pinball has always been suggestive.

Backglass (resized).jpgBackglass (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg
#40 1 year ago
20220724_142631.jpg20220724_142631.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-is-it-inappropriate?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.