Eight Ball Deluxe- Deluxe Lights Quit Working

By pindude80

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I took my EBD to a local show this past weekend. When I set it back up at home I noticed none of the lights for the "DELUXE" letters on the backbox were lighting up but all of the other lights appear to work on the game.

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

DELUXE is lit up one letter at a time for every time you complete deluxe. It carries over from game to game.

It looks like enough people at the show competed DELUXE to complete the sequence and start the whole thing over again.

On route, the game is normally set up to award a Replay when you complete DELUXE.

#3 5 years ago

I thought Deluxe was supposed to be on or flash in attract mode? I knocked down all of the drop targets then it lit up Deluxe on the playfield, as I hit the standup targets the corresponding light would go off on the playfield but no change on the back box, is this correct?

#4 5 years ago

Any accumulated DELUXE backbox letters will show both during play and in attract. If it has reset after being completed, they will all be dark. A backbox letter will added one at a time with each playfield DELUXE sequence completion. They should all flash in lamp test mode of course.

#5 5 years ago

Thanks for the info! I will check it in lamp test and might pull the glass and complete Deluxe to make sure it's working right.

#6 5 years ago

Dang... gotta get me one of those! One for sale in Ottawa right now ! Gah!

#7 5 years ago

One backbox D-E-L-U-X-E letter is spotted for each time playfield DELUXE is *completed* during a game.

#8 5 years ago

You guys were right! I played quite a few games last night trying to complete DELUXE to see what happened, came close a couple times, but didn't get it. I put it in lamp test mode and they all lit up. It's funny, I've had this game for a few years and never knew that's how the DELUXE on the backbox worked. I guess you learn something new everyday!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

You guys were right! I played quite a few games last night trying to complete DELUXE to see what happened, came close a couple times, but didn't get it. I put it in lamp test mode and they all lit up. It's funny, I've had this game for a few years and never knew that's how the DELUXE on the backbox worked. I guess you learn something new everyday!

I've played that game more than any other pin.
It was in Aladdin's Castle at the mall.
It was in the Student Center when I was in college.
It was in a pub I used to frequent.

That's why it was my first purchase and will never leave my collection.

It's a great game with a simple rule set that can still kick anybody's ass from time to time.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I've played that game more than any other pin.
It was in Aladdin's Castle at the mall.
It was in the Student Center when I was in college.
It was in a pub I used to frequent.
That's why it was my first purchase and will never leave my collection.
It's a great game with a simple rule set that can still kick anybody's ass from time to time.

It kicks my ass 90% of the time and I only do good on it from time to time! lol Unfortunately a problem developed on it last night that I'm going to make a new thread about.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from pindude80:

It kicks my ass 90% of the time and I only do good on it from time to time! lol Unfortunately a problem developed on it last night that I'm going to make a new thread about.

Sounds like the story of my life the last two weeks! But I think I've got mine solidly working now except have to do some re-pinning on the mpu connectors.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-deluxe-lights-quit-working?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.