Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rob11662
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I'm trying to set my EBD. I have no battery pack in it, or nvram or whatever, so I get to set it every time I turn it on! So- I've read this EBD manual, but they could have put a little appendix in the back that says,

1- Score value 1
2- Score value 2
3- Score value 3
4- Current High Score Setting
5-
16 - Reward for HS level 1 0= No award 1 = Novelty 2 = Extra ball 3 = replay
17 - Reward for HS level 2 0= No award 1 = Novelty 2 = Extra ball 3 = replay
18 Sound - 0 Chimes - 3= "Normal" EBD Sound
19 HSTD Reward 0=None 1, 3, & 3 Credits respectively
20x
21x

Can someone fill in the other values? Maybe it's on the secret EBD website I haven't found yet. I assume they're audits, and um.. I'm not sure! It might be in this manual, but I think anyone looking at it may agree that it.... is all we have to work with. Anyone know what these values are?

-Brian

#2 7 years ago

You can find 05 through 15 described in the Medusa manual online at IPDB.

As I recall, there were plans to use electronic volume controls instead of the trim pots on the squak and talk. That could explain the 00-15 setting for the 20's.

#3 7 years ago

Oh man! that whole page (3) is missing from my book!! It's like section "Q" of the examiner's manual!

Thank you.. That helps a lot.

Just dug out my Spy Hunter book - I don't have this game any longer - But I thought I recognized the table from that page, and it's the same page 3 that is in the Medusa game, and presumably the same page missing from the front of the EBD manual.

Mystery solved. Time for a Scooby snack.

-dp

-B

#4 7 years ago

So we are pretty sure 20, and 21 do nothing with the 1-15 sound thing, no ideas on 22?

I'm playing with the levels on mine to see if I can tease it out! But, if someone just knows, uhh..

-dp

#5 7 years ago

They can't effect the volume without rejumpering the S&T board. There are volume adjustment through the trim pots, or, if jumpered differently, there are some D to A outputs that go to the voltage controlled amplifiers. And then the MPU board has to transfer the setting from NVRam to the S&T. As I said, I read it somewhere. Possibly in the write-up about how the squak and talk works.

I am not, however, stating that the feature was ever implemented. I never bothered to test it.

#6 7 years ago

Good enough. After reading three different books for Bally games of the same era, it looks like it's boiler plate that they just customize a little for each game. The "FDS" - which I thought meant some body spray for women or something, but read later that it was fixed data switch. Anyway, it looks like all the "self test" options get set to 3, and that's the end of it.

All I have to do now is mount the external battery back, or get the NVram.

-dp

2 years later
#7 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the Eight Ball Deluxe LE is supposed to play the Jaws type background music? My machine talks but there is no music!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomsburg, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-all-22-settings and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.