8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HPR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD_16.jpg
    EBD_15.jpg
    EBD_14.jpg
    EBD_13.jpg
    EBD_12.jpg
    EBD_11.jpg
    EBD_10.jpg
    EBD_9.jpg
    EBD_8.jpg
    EBD_7.jpg
    EBD_6.jpg
    EBD_5.jpg
    EBD_4.jpg
    EBD_3.jpg
    EBD_2.jpg
    EBD_1.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Where i can find cabinet decals for Eight Ball Deluxe 1984 version ?

#2 8 years ago

It doesn't have decals. It's painted with stencils. Looking around, the options I'm seeing are almost certainly all for the original version, not the 1984. I'm not sure if it'll help, but...

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/?page_id=486

http://www.twistedpins.com/products/?ProductID=50

Edit: incorrect!

#3 8 years ago

The 1984-85 version DID have DECALS. It was the one that Midway had it's name on. the artwork is basically the same. Side art is the same, no front art and head might have a little more detail due to it's larger shape.

Otherwise my stencils should work or could be made to work depending on the accuracy

#4 8 years ago

Whoops. Sorry for bad info.

#5 8 years ago

I recently learn that two versions exist for EBD 1984 version, one with decals and one silkscreen direct on the cabinet.

#6 8 years ago

The one I had at the shop a few years back was decals and the yellow looked like post-it-note

#7 8 years ago

I restored my Midway version of EBD and it really wasn't that difficult to do the cabinet. I used the Pinball Pall Bally version ( same as twisted pins version ) and simply threw away the Backbox stencils. The Midway version of the game has a plain Black Cabinet front with T-moulding, which I hated, so I took the Bally Stencils and cut out a section of the center of the stencils ( I think it was about 1.25" or so ) and made the front of the Midway version look like the Bally version. The Backbox Side Cabinet artwork is Completely Different, so I made my own vector Artwork and had Decals made ( with a Satin Laminate finish to protect it ). I supplied the print company with a Sample of the Yellow/gold Paint & had them Color Match it on the Decals. The thing I did have to do was Replace the Backbox sidewalls as mine were water damaged....

All in all it came out nice....

See the full Restoration pics here:
    http://s498.photobucket.com/user/iko3185/library/Eight%20Ball%20Deluxe%20Restoration?sort=6&page=1

EBD_1.jpgEBD_1.jpg

EBD_2.jpgEBD_2.jpg

EBD_3.jpgEBD_3.jpg

EBD_4.jpgEBD_4.jpg

EBD_5.jpgEBD_5.jpg

EBD_6.jpgEBD_6.jpg

EBD_7.jpgEBD_7.jpg

EBD_8.jpgEBD_8.jpg

#8 8 years ago

More pics.....

EBD_9.jpgEBD_9.jpg

EBD_10.jpgEBD_10.jpg

EBD_11.jpgEBD_11.jpg

EBD_12.jpgEBD_12.jpg

EBD_13.jpgEBD_13.jpg

EBD_14.jpgEBD_14.jpg

EBD_15.jpgEBD_15.jpg

EBD_16.jpgEBD_16.jpg

#9 8 years ago

Thanks Stu for sharing this very nice restoration.
    I've just bought one and still wait to receive it.
    I would like to restore it in a similar way with pinballpal stencils.
    Is there any possibility to have acces to the backbox decals like yours ?
    Is it possible to buy them, can you reprint a small batch at your shop ?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-84-decals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.