• 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bublehead
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

capacitor (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quazimodem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Long time pinball fan and finally, a first time pinball machine owner (EBC), as of today. I'd like to think of myself as an aspiring new hobbyist. I bought it regardless of the "minor" issues I saw with it when I play tested it with the hopes of fixing things myself. The most immediate things I'm seeing....

Pop bumpers
They work but not as well as one would expect. It seems to work only when it is hit on specific angles. Often times, doesn't even pop at all.

Star rollovers
Working as well, just has to go exactly over the middle of the star roller to register.. is that normal? Would like it to be a bit more sensitive.

Anyone have any thoughts on improving the above items?

#7 5 years ago

wow... really appreciate the number of responses here! definitely signs of great and helpful community on these forums.

gweempose DNO frunch
Yes, I've definitely seen that case where the ball rolls over them too fast to register. I'll check the capacitors to see if it needs some cleaning or perhaps replacement. Appreciate the links/pics, those are very helpful/educational. I'm assuming standup targets = drop targets are the same thing as I referenced the features on ipdb.org. Those seem to work fine... although, I'll eventually look to replace them with newer ones as the existing ones are worn.

robertmee I didn't notice any background music? I just hear sound effects and talkie stuff. Hmm... if there is, I guess that may be something else I need to fix... I generally listen to my own tunes as I play anyway so I kinda get that "arcade" feel (silly but definitely gives me that effect).

I do plan on collecting a couple more pinball tables to mess around/play with. This EBC definitely needs some cleaning and some rehab love but a good starter for me. This being my first pinball table, I'm a bit giddy just owning one and using this to learn a bit more about the technical operation/details of a pinball machine firsthand.

Looks like I have a task list of things to do this weekend... Thanks again for the responses... if I run into any road blocks, I'll definitely post about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quazimodem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-champ-new-owner-questions?tu=quazimodem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.