You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBC flippers - FIXED (resized).jpg
EBC flippers (resized).jpg
Eight Ball Champ flipper (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I've never worked on this kind of flipper mech before. I'm assuming if I want to adjust the flipper, I need to loosen both of these screws?

Eight Ball Champ flipper (resized).jpgEight Ball Champ flipper (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

You are correct. However, why do they need adjusted? Is the coil stop worn?
If the adjustment is slight, the shaft may roll back to where it was if the screws go back into the same divots. If that happens, switch the flippers.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Billc479:

You are correct. However, why do they need adjusted? Is the coil stop worn?

The coil stops are fine. The flippers are just sitting slightly lower than I like. I hadn't thought about divots. I guess this is a disadvantage of this kind of flipper mech vs. the pawl on a modern flipper. If they need to be replaced, can I use any standard flipper bat?

EBC flippers (resized).jpgEBC flippers (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago

You were correct about the divots. I was able to slightly raise the left flipper, but the right flipper kept slipping back to its original position. I solved this problem by swapping the right flipper with the upper flipper. Since the divots were in different locations, it allowed me to adjust the right flipper to my liking.

EBC flippers - FIXED (resized).jpgEBC flippers - FIXED (resized).jpg

#5 5 years ago

Actually, your flippers were already correctly aligned. What made you think they were wrongly setup?

See here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-paragon-flipper-alignment-question#post-4778639

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Actually, your flippers were already correctly aligned. What made you think they were wrongly setup?

It's not that I necessarily thought they were wrongly setup. They were just a little too low for my liking.

#7 5 years ago

Can’t you just grind the divots out?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can’t you just grind the divots out?

I would think this could be a possible solution as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-champ-flipper-question- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.