• Latest reply 2 years ago by pins4u
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EBD_Coils.jpg
8Ball_Coils.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hi All - so i'm reviving a dead 8 ball. Have fixed the MPU so it now goes in to attract mode. Got the displays up and running. No Sound but I will get there.

1A playfield fuse was blown. Put in a new one and ran the solenoid test and it popped the 1A fuse again. So I decided to sacrifice a few fuses. Ran an earth to each Tip on the Driver board to activate each solenoid one at a time. All worked fine except for BOTH slingshots and middle (lower) Pop Bumper blow the 1A fuse. It would fire the coil but then pop the fuse.

So must be a short?

Checked the diode on each of the 3 coils - all ok. Checked the coils out of circuit with the diodes off. Slingshots 7 Ohms and Pop 3.7 Ohms (all 3 seem ok to me)

No wires on the switches are touching anything they shouldn't.

So what next?

Ta in advance

#3 5 years ago

Yes an SB.

#7 5 years ago

Working coils are measuring between 10 and 11 ohm.

Would a 3 Ohm (7 Ohm difference) be enough to pop the fuse?

Like wise the Slings are measuring 7.1 Ohm would a 3 Ohm difference pop the fuse?

#11 5 years ago

Yes tested the diodes disconnected.

The Pop coil doesnt look great. It's a 26-1200

The slings look ok but the original wrappers are gone so not sure what they are. They should be 25-950 (that's what working on my other 8 Ball)

When grounding it was a quick touch but it's the same result during game diagnostics tests as well. Pops the 1A

QUESTION

I have 2x 23-840 coils and 1x 23-800 in stock - can I use them?? Widely used on Williams

#14 5 years ago

Cheers thanks for the coil info

So as 1A is quite low for coils. I tried a 2.5A and reconnected the slings. They are working fine. Is 2.5A fuse ok???

Going to reconnect the pop and see if it blows the fuse. If so I will order a coil.

#18 5 years ago

Have ordered 3 new coils. I agree.

Ive just noticed the out kicker, Saucer and 4 bank target set aren't working. Need to check the diagram but I think they get driven through the solenoid relay a/b type. Not used to Bally so it's like starting over

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-bally-1a-playfield-fuse-blowing-slingshots-amp-middle-pop?tu=crazi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.