(Topic ID: 275803)

Eight Ball at wits end

By jrp758

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

So I have been restoring a Bally eight ball. All new alltech boards I had everything working. I was working on the coin door just putting on a new lock and soldering a couple new lights. Go to bed next day nothing works Board won’t even self test. Checked all fuses. Solenoid board clicks and that is it nothing. Game never goes info attract mode and even to coin door solenoid never moves. I am confident this machine is cursed. Any guidance would be appreciated

#2 3 years ago

I would check my work and if I didn't find anything there I would go to the MPU. Pull all the connectors off except power and see if the MPU will boot.

Its a start in the troubleshooting process until someone with more knowledge shows up. Hope it helps.

#3 3 years ago

Sounds similar to what my Mata Hari was doing a few weeks ago. Out of the blue, it rebooted on me, GI lights came up but Alltec mpu wouldn't boot, no displays. I reseated the J4 connector and everything has been fine since but this tells me that I need to rebuild my connectors.

#4 3 years ago

Flashing 6 times? 43v input to mpu may be bad.

#5 3 years ago

Since it happened after changing coin door lights, the very first thing I'd check is for a short on the light socket. I accidentally shorted a light socked on my Strikes and Spares coin door and the game reset. Maybe unplug the coin door and see if it will boot.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-at-wits-end?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.