(Topic ID: 181793)

Eight Ball (1977) Club - Old, simple... but wonderful!

By nibre

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail (resized).jpeg
IMG_0778 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2499 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpeg
IMG_2482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2397 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2400 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago

For any one who owns this game, please do the right thing and change out the steel ball for a ceramic power ball. Gameplay speed will be crazy fast in a good way, plus the ceramic ball matches the theme by having you also around a “cue ball”.

7 months later
#23 4 years ago

I have an Eight Ball that I plan on keeping for a long time. I do not plan on restoring it, however I’ve had issues with the game dying on my twice this year during two big tournaments. Currently it won’t boot up. I would like to replace ALL of the boards.

Any recommendations on what I should get? Are there certain repro boards out there that are better than others?

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I like the Weebly rectifier boards, great price and I've installed 6 with zero problems. Alltek MPU & SDB are very good. The lamp board won't cause boot issues. I assume you re-pinned all the connectors?

Most if not all have been repinned. The MPU at some point has alkaline damage. It’s been cleaned up, but is probably part of the problem. Checking Weebly now. They also sell an MPU board. What’s the difference between a Weebly MPU and Alltek, besides Alltek costing more?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

The NVRW MPU uses a single combo ROM with all the game software selected by dip switch
https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

If I'm reading this correctly, basically you have the same setup as the Alltek? If I pick up this board, will I need to pull out my original ROM and insert it into this board?

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Joined the club tonight. Got a bit of work to do but it does play now. That spinner feels great to hit![quoted image]

I’ve got my spinner tuned and lined to rip off 42 spins on a solid shot. It’s so sweet.

1 month later
#50 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Will be led'ing a customers game out and eas wondering how many lamps are there? gi and feature, both playfield and backbox. Thanks!

Buy the $50 adapter, it's well worth it or else you will have flickering bulbs all of the place.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Just joined the club. I may be back asking for some tech help!!!

First thing you gotta do is drop a power ball in the game.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I’ve seen power balls in eight balls before.....I’m curious, what is the reasoning behind this?

1. It represents the cue ball.
2. It makes the game play fast.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I get reason number 1.... but reason number two could apply to any game, right? I’ve seen 2 or 3 instances of powerballs in an Eight Ball but not in other titles (TZ excepted of course) so I was wondering if there was some explanation I was missing that pertains to eight ball’s specific design or gameplay.

Not at all. I actually try and put power balls in all my EM’s. They play so much better and faster. No more floaty play.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 179.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 99.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djreddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-1977-club-old-simple-but-wonderful?tu=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.