(Topic ID: 181793)

Eight Ball (1977) Club - Old, simple... but wonderful!

By nibre

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

detail (resized).jpeg
IMG_0778 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2502 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2500 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2501 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2499 (resized).jpeg
detail (resized).jpeg
IMG_2482 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2397 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2398 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2387 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2386 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2385 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2400 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

I'm a card carrying member of this club! Mines been around the block a bit. I picked it up as a non-working beater. But I figured there were enough parts that if it couldn't be saved, I'd get my money back out of it. It was a bit of a mess. The person that "maintained" it owned a pair of wire cutters, and that's about all. When something would short out, he would clip the wires. He got lucky with the fire in the chime box, because the wires melted and desoldered themselves. The MPU was a lost cause. However, an altek, a bunch of parts, and she lived again. Since then I kept making it a bit better as I went. It's still kind of a beater, but it's also a total bitch. It will kick your ass, and you will say thanks, or it will kick you harder. Great game!

IMG_0334 (resized).JPGIMG_0334 (resized).JPG

2 years later
#49 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Will be led'ing a customers game out and eas wondering how many lamps are there? gi and feature, both playfield and backbox. Thanks!

Are you adding something So that they don’t ghost?

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Just joined the club. I may be back asking for some tech help!!!

Welcome to the club!

Quoted from chad:

Yes, I have the Ultimate Lamp/ Led board. Thank you.

Cool. Glad to hear it.

Unfortunately I can’t give you a count on the lights right now. Hopefully someone else can. My copy is currently at a friends house getting played like crazy.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I’ve seen power balls in eight balls before.....I’m curious, what is the reasoning behind this?

A powerball is much lighter than a normal steel pinball. So it’s simple math. When a flipper pushes less weight, it has less inertia, and so it goes faster. It’s a nice change up. I have one that I drop I to different classic games once in a while. But I always end up going back to normal.

1 year later
#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypalooza:

I’ve got a friend selling his NOS Bally Eight ball populated playfield.

NOS? As in "NEW Old Stock"? That doesn't look NOS to me. Inserts sink from the heat from the bulbs under them. Ball guides don't come from the factory with ball trails in them. I'm absolutely NOT insulting the shape of that playfield, just questioning if it is actually NOS (NOS means it was never installed in a running game).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.00
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 179.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-1977-club-old-simple-but-wonderful?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.