• Latest reply 10 days ago by eharan
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D5653E3C-E9A9-4682-B734-78EB8111B876 (resized).jpeg
ED482068-7B03-49A1-A11E-58DE2332EBAF (resized).jpeg

#1 11 days ago

My EHoH topper recently started giving me an error message and is no longer working properly.

When I turn the machine on, I get an error message that says "Check Node Boards 12 Overcurrent Detected", it then says "Operator Alert! Trough Device Malfunction".

The topper was partially working before...The lights have always worked and still do, but the topper rarely ever opened. I changed the settings to 100% and I was then consistently getting it to open when I started Wild Women Multiball. However, the lid would just quickly open and then immediately close. It would not hold the lid open at all, would just quickly open and close immediately.

Now that I get this error message, the topper only lights up, the lid does not open at all, it does not even work in test mode. From reading other "overcurrent" issue threads, it sounds like there could be a short somewhere in the topper wiring? Also, not sure why I get the trough error message as I have no issues playing the game, just that the topper lid does not open.

Any ideas what could be causing the issue? Very disappointing to have this issue with a $1,000 topper!

Thanks
Ed

#2 11 days ago

any other mods on the same circuit? if not, id be checking for bare wire/grounding issues.

#3 11 days ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

any other mods on the same circuit? if not, id be checking for bare wire/grounding issues.

No other mods on the game...I will take the topper off and look at all the wiring to ensure no bare wires. Thanks!

#4 11 days ago

Check out my post on the Elvira owners thread for the topper lid not staying open fix. The lid mechanism is running against the right gargoyle base. You need to use a dremel and widen out the slot that goes over the mechanism that goes to the coil. Widen it more than in my pic. I had to go back a couple times and do it again. I also had to rave out the two rear screws on the gargoyle base.

D5653E3C-E9A9-4682-B734-78EB8111B876 (resized).jpegED482068-7B03-49A1-A11E-58DE2332EBAF (resized).jpeg
#5 11 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Check out my post on the Elvira owners thread for the topper lid not staying open fix.

I recall reading about that. I would hate to have to take a dremel to a $1,000 topper! It should work properly from the factory. I would prefer they send me a working version rather than voiding the warranty by dremeling it myself. I give you a lot of credit taking that on yourself.

Thanks
Ed

#6 11 days ago
Quoted from eharan:

I recall reading about that. I would hate to have to take a dremel to a $1,000 topper! It should work properly from the factory. I would prefer they send me a working version rather than voiding the warranty by dremeling it myself. I give you a lot of credit taking that on yourself.
Thanks
Ed

They will make you send it to them for repair, which is the fix that I did. They will not send you a new one. There is no other fix for it. It’s a design error.Pablo asked me what I did and this is the fix.

#7 11 days ago

that's one thousand well spent dollars !

#8 10 days ago

I think I have solved the issue. I opened the topper up to check for frayed wires and ensure all connections were good. The only thing I noticed was that the LED strips that are attached with double suided tape were not completely on the tape. There were a few areas where the back portion of the LED strips were touching bare metal. I removed the strips and reattached to the tape and reassembled the topper.

It now appears to be working properly. I no longer get the error messages and the topper lid has been consistenetly working and staying open for a few seconds before closing. I am not sure if it was teh LED strips causing the issue or just the luck of checking connections and moving things around.

Happy that I didnt need to dremel the metal to fix it.

Thanks
Ed

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside