(Topic ID: 254471)

Effective ways to remove cigarette smoke odor from a game?

By FatPanda

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 49 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by manadams
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 4 years ago

In my early days of collecting (late 90s), a lot of machines I bought were from bars. My wife and I are super sensitive/allergic to smoke. These are the bees knees- https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Air-Sponge-Absorbing-Neutralant/dp/B001SBMLAM

I have done charcoal, coffee, baking soda, etc..... I now only use the Bad Air Sponge.

I buy and sell a lot of cars for fun, and my daily driver now was owned by a smoker, only I didn't know it because when I bought it, I had a severe cold. I parked it in the garage and my wife asked me why I bought a smoker's car.... Because of all the fabric and air vents, it took me two bad air sponges (about 3 months of treatment) to get rid of the smoke completely, but now it is completely gone.

YMMV.... Good luck!

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

the smell would have naturally aired out in three months any way no?

Nope... I have bought a few vehicles that still smelled like smoke even after sitting for a few years...

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

cigarette smoke sucks donkey balls. So destructive to everything. Even if you get rid of the smell, you still have the brown tar like shit to deal with thats caked on everything.

You aren't lying.... I have a friend that is a car detailer and he has a really kick-ass steamer he uses for the vents to remove a lot of that shit. It is some nasty stuff.

I rarely use gloves for anything, but when I was cleaning pins, I would use them on the smoked up machines because the grime would make my skin itch like crazy.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

I'll try this next if the baking soda doesn't work after a couple months.
    I noticed in the description that it works on "human decay" lol

I have been to several Pinball shows where “Human decay” seemed present in the air....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/effective-ways-to-remove-cigarette-smoke-odor-from-a-game?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.