(Topic ID: 35793)

Eeeshh-- Automated is selling TFLE Decepticon- $5995 and Combo- $5295 on Ebay

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

When this guy is going cheap, or relatively so, you know there's a huge problem. He's usually higher than the balls on a giraffe. The ads say that these are new. Am I to assume that this means NIB? I've spoken to the owner on the phone before and he seems very cagy with his answers, so I don't really know what to expect. He's got 98% positive feedback on EBAY, so he's probably not too bad. However, the wording on his ads is a bit questionable. He lists that Decepticons as "new" and the Combo as "brand new". Then you look at the ads and they're loaded with grammar, word usage, and mechanics errors. If I'm not mistaken, this is a pretty big distributor, and the person assigned to make the ads should be a bit more careful.

ebay.com link: TRANSFORMERS DECEPTICON VIOLET LE Pinball 125 MADE CALL FOR LOW SHIP QUOTE NEW

ebay.com link: TRANSFORMERS LE Pinball Machine by STERN CALL FOR LOW SHIP QUOTE BRAND NEW

Anyway, when you take EBAY fees into account and if these truly are NIB, he must be losing his tail on these. Of course, I suppose this serves him right when he hordes NIB games in hopes of doubling up in a year or two.

#5 11 years ago

Sincerely sorry, Hwawonyu. I wasn't even looking closely at the posts here. I just happened to browse EBAY pins, which I tend to do about once a week (I don't know why. I have one that I just got recently and I'm really only "allowed" one at a time.) I happened to notice this and it really stood out to me. That's all.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That's crazy. I just sent Trent a check for one of his last few TFLE combos. I got a good price, but not 5300. Yikes.

Bare in mind that this doesn't include shipping. Besides, the person that deals pinballs at Automated does not have the manner of Trent or Michael Pupo or JJ. You can get a sense after talking with someone for a minute or two if you really want to do business with them. I did not get that feeling when I was in the market for a pin a while ago and spoke with Automated. I was very serious and they seemed less than interested. However, I will say that I didn't get my best quote from Trent either. But at least he was really open and honest about it and a seemingly nice guy. He couldn't believe a quote that I got from JJ. As it turns out, I ended up gettng a used machine anyway. However, you never know when you'll be making that first NIB purchase and I have a long memory.

#101 11 years ago

See! I post his price here, and he's already raised them by $200 on EBAY.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipperfingers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eeeshh-automated-is-selling-tfle-decepticon-5995-and-combo-5295-on-ebay?tu=flipperfingers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.