(Topic ID: 35793)

Eeeshh-- Automated is selling TFLE Decepticon- $5995 and Combo- $5295 on Ebay

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

When this guy is going cheap, or relatively so, you know there's a huge problem. He's usually higher than the balls on a giraffe. The ads say that these are new. Am I to assume that this means NIB? I've spoken to the owner on the phone before and he seems very cagy with his answers, so I don't really know what to expect. He's got 98% positive feedback on EBAY, so he's probably not too bad. However, the wording on his ads is a bit questionable. He lists that Decepticons as "new" and the Combo as "brand new". Then you look at the ads and they're loaded with grammar, word usage, and mechanics errors. If I'm not mistaken, this is a pretty big distributor, and the person assigned to make the ads should be a bit more careful.

ebay.com link: TRANSFORMERS DECEPTICON VIOLET LE Pinball 125 MADE CALL FOR LOW SHIP QUOTE NEW

ebay.com link: TRANSFORMERS LE Pinball Machine by STERN CALL FOR LOW SHIP QUOTE BRAND NEW

Anyway, when you take EBAY fees into account and if these truly are NIB, he must be losing his tail on these. Of course, I suppose this serves him right when he hordes NIB games in hopes of doubling up in a year or two.

#2 11 years ago

I'm sure they're new. I believe he has plenty of them.

You win some (SM, LOTR, TRON), you lose some (TRS, BBH, TF). Such is the life of a distributor. He's not hurting.

#3 11 years ago

Thats their floor model.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

When this guy is going cheap, or relatively so, you know there's a huge problem. He's usually higher than the balls on a giraffe. The ads say that these are new. Am I to assume that this means NIB? I've spoken to the owner on the phone before and he seems very cagy with his answers, so I don't really know what to expect. He's got 98% positive feedback on EBAY, so he's probably not too bad. However, the wording on his ads is a bit questionable. He lists that Decepticons as "new" and the Combo as "brand new". Then you look at the ads and they're loaded with grammar, word usage, and mechanics errors. If I'm not mistaken, this is a pretty big distributor, and the person assigned to make the ads should be a bit more careful.
Ebay link
Ebay link
Anyway, when you take EBAY fees into account and if these truly are NIB, he must be losing his tail on these. Of course, I suppose this serves him right when he hordes NIB games in hopes of doubling up in a year or two.

Wow. That should just about kill the secondary TF market.

#5 11 years ago

Sincerely sorry, Hwawonyu. I wasn't even looking closely at the posts here. I just happened to browse EBAY pins, which I tend to do about once a week (I don't know why. I have one that I just got recently and I'm really only "allowed" one at a time.) I happened to notice this and it really stood out to me. That's all.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Wow. That should just about kill the secondary TF market.

I freaked at first thinking the same but the combo is the floor model and its more popular. The other one may be NIB but at 5995 that sounds right.

#7 11 years ago

Sincerely sorry, Hwawonyu. I wasn't even looking closely at the posts here. I just happened to browse EBAY pins, which I tend to do about once a week (I don't know why. I have one that I just got recently and I'm really only "allowed" one at a time.) I happened to notice this and it really stood out to me. That's all.

Nah your all good. I freaked too but after looking at the details its not crazy. Thats what a retailer would sell an open box for.
Basically NIB is 5995 plus shipping. And I knew you had no intentions. All good

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I freaked at first thinking the same but the combo is the floor model and its more popular. The other one may be NIB but at 5995 that sounds right.

Is it? He says brand new in his description, which is "New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing" He also talks about having lower numbers 1-20 for a couple hundred bucks more.

#9 11 years ago

They do have it listed as:
Condition:New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items).

If it was a demo that would be fraud in my eyes.

#10 11 years ago

I just got a quote for a nib combo for 5495 Stern still had 20 or so combos when i was there with a friend picking up Avengers.

#11 11 years ago

I called to get a shipping quote... they are NIB. Same price off Ebay if you pay with a CC

#12 11 years ago

They were looking to make a killing on them and sell for top $ when the price shot up. That did not happen so they are cutting there losses to put the money elsewhere. This is going to kill the price for TFLE owners.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Monster_Bash:

I called to get a shipping quote... they are NIB.

Are you sure the $5200 price is NIB?

#14 11 years ago

The number is in the add....call. The guy i talked said I needed to talk to a Mike Jr. tomorrow for a shipping quote. But he did confirm that had a few NIB combos...and they were indeed NIB

Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Are you sure the $5200 price is NIB?

#15 11 years ago

I think if you check around thats about the right price.. No distributors have ACDCs or TRONs but Xmen, TFLEs and even some Avatars are still available it appears..

#16 11 years ago

Guys, keep in mind the LEs have kept going up in price as each one has been released. These prices are pretty much what they were selling for when they came out. Automated won't lose a dime on these sales.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Guys, keep in mind the LEs have kept going up in price as each one has been released. These prices are pretty much what they were selling for when they came out. Automated won't lose a dime on these sales.

I believe pre order was 5800 on TFLE combo and 6300 on Auto/Dec. Looks like more or less the same money is being lost on xmen selling in the low to mid 5s

#18 11 years ago

$5295 for TF LE combo NIB. If preorder was 5800 that's a bit less.

#19 11 years ago

If people are on the fence, seems like a great price for a really fun game. I love mine so far. Looks and plays great.

#20 11 years ago

wow, if he's selling them at that price, they must have dropped even more.

#21 11 years ago

Probablly just wanting to cut bait and move on. Probablly had them over a year. If a used car wason a lot that long, prices would be slashed

#22 11 years ago

NIB for $5295, no way I would pay that for HUO. I now think the same will happen with XM . Look how many Magneto he has for sale.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow, if he's selling them at that price, they must have dropped even more.

STERN STILL HAS 20 to build. DISTROS HAVE HAND FULLS OF THEM. This is what the game sold for last December anyway.

#24 11 years ago

I paid 5600 for a DEcepticon with 20 plays from Chris Hutchins almost a year ago. Prices have went up and down a few times on this pin..

#25 11 years ago

They made to many of them for Christ sake 300 designer and 500 combos. You could get a pro last October for 3900-4000. Price didnt go nutso till acdc.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

STERN STILL HAS 20 to build. DISTROS HAVE HAND FULLS OF THEM. This is what the game sold for last December anyway.

Thats probablly theonly reason they hinted about the code....To move the combos in the warehouse. I heard it was more than 20 but either way it doesnt matter...I still think its agreat pin. Hard to complete

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

They made to many of them for Christ sake 300 designer and 500 combos. You could get a pro last October for 3900-4000. Price didnt go nutso till acdc.

Actually just 250 on designers..125 each

#28 11 years ago

There was 45 or so but they got built during the first and 2nd wave of acdc pros.

#29 11 years ago

Sterns fault in my opinion . A good code release and telling a top distributor it was coming would make everyone more money.

#30 11 years ago

He's usually higher than the balls on a giraffe.

Best comment ever. lol

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

And yet they still won't update the code to make it better.

#32 11 years ago

This shouldn't be that surprising. As mentioned a few months back, one distributor had a NIB Decepticon for $5000.00.

#33 11 years ago

Well crap that puts mine at 4800. Thanks Stern. I will pay you back buy not buying NIB on pre orders anymore.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I will pay you back buy not buying NIB on pre orders anymore.

This is a good move just in general its time the newer guys who they count on fight back.

Quoted from TomGWI:

And yet they still won't update the code to make it better.

remember valinor rtu and its fine already according to the team.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Well crap that puts mine at 4800. Thanks Stern. I will pay you back buy not buying NIB on pre orders anymore.

$4800.00 is what I paid for the HUO TF Decepticon that I had. That was about six months ago. It was listed on Mr. Pinball for $5k.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I believe pre order was 5800 on TFLE combo and 6300 on Auto/Dec. Looks like more or less the same money is being lost on xmen selling in the low to mid 5s

I bought a Combo when it came out. So...yeah.

#37 11 years ago

If these are Stern stock....and automated is selling them that cheap. I wonder what the Trent's and JJ's are selling them for

#38 11 years ago

That's crazy. I just sent Trent a check for one of his last few TFLE combos. I got a good price, but not 5300. Yikes.

#39 11 years ago

$5000 shipped is my magic number.

#40 11 years ago

He's usually higher than the balls on a giraffe.

Outstanding!

#41 11 years ago

I thought I heard he is the largest dist of sterns in the usa

#42 11 years ago

I wonder if they plan on padding the shipping to offset this. I heard from a distributor that 5300 was below cost on combos.

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That's crazy. I just sent Trent a check for one of his last few TFLE combos. I got a good price, but not 5300. Yikes.

Bare in mind that this doesn't include shipping. Besides, the person that deals pinballs at Automated does not have the manner of Trent or Michael Pupo or JJ. You can get a sense after talking with someone for a minute or two if you really want to do business with them. I did not get that feeling when I was in the market for a pin a while ago and spoke with Automated. I was very serious and they seemed less than interested. However, I will say that I didn't get my best quote from Trent either. But at least he was really open and honest about it and a seemingly nice guy. He couldn't believe a quote that I got from JJ. As it turns out, I ended up gettng a used machine anyway. However, you never know when you'll be making that first NIB purchase and I have a long memory.

#44 11 years ago

Shipped it'll be $5,600 minimum...so that's $200 below standard now for NIB. Not exactly a fire sale...plus its Automated so its probably higher. Is there tax on this?

As a big fan of the game, I think it's a good deal. Better than Tron and, for me thus far, more fun than ACDC. Hopefully ill be owning ACDC soon, so ill be sure to let the world know if it becomes my favorite pin.

Sure wish Stern would get that code out, to settle the debate one way or another.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

Outstanding!

#46 11 years ago

Nice price. Finally a Stern at near fair pricing. They need to come down yet another 500 or so for me to ever consider another NIB Stern. IMO the "LE"s should be in the 4s. Here's hoping Gary drops the whole stripped down "pro" balogna.

Flame suit on.

#47 11 years ago

I bought from Automated Services. Not a great deal, not friendly on the phone, but the game was shipped fast with no issues.

I'd go through a local or pinside distributor over them in the future.

#48 11 years ago

Gotta wonder how their customer service is as well, should there be an issue.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Nice price. Finally a Stern at near fair pricing. They need to come down yet another 500 or so for me to ever consider another NIB Stern. IMO the "LE"s should be in the 4s. Here's hoping Gary drops the whole stripped down "pro" balogna.
Flame suit on.

They'll lose operator sales if they bail on the Pro. Lower price + Less Maintenance = Operators will buy them. I agree that the LE prices are too high - but having multiple tiers for different markets has proven to be a successful strategy that's kept them in business.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Gotta wonder how their customer service is as well, should there be an issue.

Ive bought from them in the past & they have handled all issues i've had very well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eeeshh-automated-is-selling-tfle-decepticon-5995-and-combo-5295-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.