2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DCP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Ok, here's my story. I've been going back and forth with Edward Wenger for a jack in the box pin. Then I realized this is steps away from the flipper room. On the same street and likely in the same complex. Is there a reason there's only one picture?

The pin is listed as working but needs a "tune up" . If you were steps away from a Pinball expert why wouldn't you just get it working? I noticed in the pictures that 2 out of 4 of the player score reels reset to zero and 2 are still showing scores. I'm thinking if this was honest deal this would have been snatched up. Any feedback? TIA, Erik

#2 2 years ago

If you feel concerned; trust your gut.

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

If you feel concerned; trust your gut.

Zitt

I will. Something smells fishy....

#4 2 years ago

BTW listed at $500 and allegedly playing and needing "a tune up"...... And has been listed for a while now. Somebody knows the back story.

#5 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

BTW listed at $500 and allegedly playing and needing "a tune up"...... And has been listed for a while now. Somebody knows the back story.

That's not really an unreasonable price for a Jack in the Box that needs some work. If there are major functional issues, or if the backglass is flaking, or it has significant playfield wear, $500 might even be a little too high.
    Also, a lot of pinheads are terrible photographers, or just lazy. A single picture doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong. Maybe the guy just isn't a photographer.

Quoted from Pinbub:

If you were steps away from a Pinball expert why wouldn't you just get it working?

It does cost money to have a pinball expert fix your game. Many charge around $100 for the first hour, and $60 or $70 per hour after that. He might not have wanted to spend that much to fix it.
    Also, I noticed that the Flipper Room only has one EM game, Doodle Bug. Maybe their tech does not know EMs and couldn't fix Jumping Jack. All kinds of things could be going on here...
    You can fix it for FREE by reading Pinside and asking us how! We'll be happy to help!!!

It might be worth it to take a ride out there and have a look at it yourself if it's not too far away. The Flipper Room looks like a decent arcade, and you might come home with a cheap Jack in the Box!

Here's the Flipper Room's current lineup...looks great! I'd head out there just to check out the games... Good luck!

Aerosmith-Pro (Stern, 2017)
    Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle (Spooky Pinball, 2018)
    Alien (Pinball Brothers, 2021)
    Avengers Infinity Quest-Pro (Stern, 2020)
    Baby Pac-Man (Bally 1980)
    Big Lebowski, The (Dutch Pinball 2016)
    Centaur (Bally, 1981)
    Deadpool- Pro (Stern, 2018)
    Doodle Bug (Williams, 1971)
    Elvira's House of Horros (Stern, 2019)
    Flash Gordon (Bally, 1981)
    Flintstones, The (Williams, 1993)
    Gladiators (Gottlieb, 1993)
    Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure (Williams, 1993)
    Joker Poker (Gottlieb, 1978)
    Last Action Hero (Data East, 1993)
    Mandalorian (Stern, 2021)
    Paragon (Bally, 1979)
    Rick & Morty (Spooky Pinball, 2020)
    Space Invaders (Bally, 1979)
    Star Wars (Data East, 1992)
    Super Mario Bros. Mushroom World (Gottlieb, 1992)
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles-PRO (Stern, 2020)
    Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky, 2017)
    Twister (Sega, 1996)
    TX Sector (Gottlieb, (1988)
    Waterworld (Gottlieb, 1995)
    Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory (JJP, 2019)

#6 2 years ago

DCP
    That's why I'm on the fence. I was at TFR a month ago and I know there are plenty of pin heads in that area. That's why I'm wondering why it isn't gone yet. Don't worry, I have one broken EM now and will definitely be asking some questions!
    If you think everything on the floor at TFR is all they have you might be surprised.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinbub:

That's why I'm on the fence. I was at TFR a month ago and I know there are plenty of pin heads in that area. That's why I'm wondering why it isn't gone yet

Hmm, I can see why you would wonder about that.
    Part of it could be that there is less demand in that area for EMs in general, but I would guess that the local pinheads looked at it already and decided it was overpriced for its condition.
    I'd put that one on the back burner for now! Nice clean games are out there, and it's worth paying a bit more to get one from someone with a good reputation as a seller and pinhead. Patience always pays off in the pinball world.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/edward-wenger-sould-i-beware?hl=dcp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.