IMG_1541 (resized).JPG
IMG_1539 (resized).JPG
IMG_4629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).JPG
IMG_2122 (resized).JPG
room_pan (resized).jpg
193bc35d21c73498e2c371ae55482626963e08d1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0419 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 7 years ago

My 2 cents.
I owed a rush the rock it was fun with great graphics and feedback. BUT not playing linked single player got old real quick. The tracks are loops with 3-4 laps. Shortcuts help. But sold after a year.
I originally played c-USA and like the tracks being a linear track. Less boring to a single player. And face it, you won't always have a co-player. These are coming down in price but hard to link. Get a linked pair. I beleive world or exotica are easier.
Drivers are always hard to sell, move and make space for. My advice is don't spend too much plan on keeping them for a year or two and be plesently surprised if you keep them longer.

C-USA was one I played as a teen. So I'm happy I just agreed to buy a pair. I don't know if I will still have in a year. Time will tell.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'm surprised that you like the linear games more. I think the shortcut, risk/reward nature of the Rush games is what attracts people to them. I know it does for me.
The Cruisn series because it is linear and not overly technical I feel like gets old fast. I love the Rush series for what I mentioned above, and Super GT because it's so difficult and a good lap is way different than a poor one.

At first it was real fun. I was surprised also. I'm sure if I would have got both working at the same time I may have kept them. We will see how long cruisin last. Maybe I'm just not a keeper of video games.

#69 7 years ago

If anyone in their searches runs across the cruisin USA security link chips let me know. They have A-19993 let me know I need two.

1 week later
#122 7 years ago

I finally got my set fully working. Upgraded firmware. All I need to find are the linking prom chips and I can play head to head.

IMG_4629 (resized).JPGIMG_4629 (resized).JPG

#126 7 years ago

From what I understand. World and exotica can be swapped somehow. But I have read that USA cant be easily upgraded to world.

#131 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I've been doing some reading on old KLOV threads:
I'm doing some research on KLOV:
I think USA and World can swap out no problem... but with Exotica there's are kit wires you need for the conversion (you can make your own though). Also, the force feedback won't work unless you either change the chip on the driver board to Exotica or also swap out the driver board with an Exotica. There are two versions of the driver board too... on the "older" version it's chip U8 (long rectangle) and on the "newer" boards it's U3 (square).
And:
The only game that works in your Cruis'n USA without any addition work but pcb-swap is Cruis'n World. We have two USAs with World-boards insideand we simply swapped the PCBs. All others need additional hardware or change in the wiring.

Is world any easier to link? I'm set minus the chips and it's frustrating no one has them. Or is it the same cable etc?

5 months later
#140 6 years ago

I like what you did with the bases. I too have a set of cruisin USA.
Where did you find the seat adjusters?
Do you have any leads on the linking pal chips? I need two.

4 weeks later
#144 6 years ago

To those of you with cruis'n USA games. I made a video of what's required to link. Also a test with and without the security pia.

3 months later
#145 6 years ago

Does anyone know if Cruis’n USA supports linking of more the 2 games? If so what’s the max 4?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fortytwo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/educate-me-on-sit-down-driving-games?tu=fortytwo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.