IMG_1541 (resized).JPG
IMG_1539 (resized).JPG
IMG_4629 (resized).JPG
IMG_2123 (resized).JPG
IMG_2122 (resized).JPG
room_pan (resized).jpg
193bc35d21c73498e2c371ae55482626963e08d1 (resized).jpg
IMG_0419 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extremepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

I've never understood why people would drive to an arcade to play a car driving game

True. Probably easier to just order a Ferrari or Lamborghini and drive them around your own race track in real life.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

There is this one rather recent racer, I think it's from Konami, that's nothing but drifting. It's not Initial D, it's... man I can't think of the name for it! It's awesome though.

A company called Walhap recently distributed a game through Sega, called Storm Racer G. All blue cabinet, camera takes your pic, all drifting. I have 2 of them. Just pulled them out of NYNY for refurb.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

How do you like them?
I am looking for a pair of good racers.
What do you think of MarioKarts?

I would avoid Wahlap equipment at this time. I own at least 8 of their games, and have had a lot of problems from day 1.

I own a pair of Mario Kart 2. IMO, Mario Carts are not really "racing" games. They're more of a fun, kiddie style game. They're plenty of fun, but not in a skill based way like an Initial D or Grid.

#38 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Oh yeah! I've played it at my local Round1. However, they're curiously unlinked, and even after asking the staff there, they remain so.
Are you going to put them back in NYNY or in Fremont?

One of them has a failed main computer. We've sent it out for repair. The other one is refurbed and ready for Fremont. I may wait until they are both ready before bringing them in. Maybe a month from now depending on how long the repair takes.

They're probably not linked because they require a network hub to link even just 2 games. Mine are linked.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I have owned a few sit down drivers. Cruisin Exotica gets a lot of play by my kids and guests. I've honestly never played it (I don't play most of my vids) but it is colorful and easy. I would recommend against Initial D3. They are realistic, challenging, have fun music and good graphics and a neat card save feature. But...they are too tough and realistic and never get played. I tried it once and hated it. It was so hard it seemed impossible. Also, they are VERY heavy, like 500 lbs, and don't freaking come apart! I want to get rid of them but am not sure how to get the monstrosities out of my basement. I will give them away to anyone that can get them out of my basement. No takers yet. Heck, I'd pay somebody $500 to get them out.

I owned them a few years ago. ID3 pair will separate. You need to remove the entire center console & cashbox to do it. A ton of wiring too. It sucks.

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from TRAMD:

I am talking about each individual unit/seat. Tell me how to do it if that is what you mean.

Oh, I misunderstood. No, you can't separate the seat base from the main cabinet like most other games. Daytona USA 2 uses the same steel cabinet structure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider extremepinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/educate-me-on-sit-down-driving-games?tu=extremepinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.