(Topic ID: 177904)

Edmonton Pinball League - DHPL Official Thread

By yegpin

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    LastChance-Poster-201x300 (resized).png
    IMG_7381 (resized).PNG
    IMG_0294 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0017 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3076 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3074 (resized).JPG
    16683811_10212438068136431_7953171538240415471_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_5309 (1) (resized).jpg
    There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Hello Edmonton!

This thread is for anyone looking for a sub, ask questions, post photos, and just generally discuss the DHPL. We are in our third year and have the largest group yet. Our first night will be very different from past years and will feature new groupings for every round. We look forward to having you all out this year and we have some great surprise locations planed for this year.

If you do get a sub be sure to drop Derek an eMail. If you are looking for a sub post here. It will help us cut down the number of text's we send the day of.

Big thanks to Bill (ninajboot) for ensuring DHPL has a stable home this year and all the amazing work he does to keep the machines tip fukin' top.

More information at.. http://diehardpinball.ca

With that said we kick off this year January 10, 2017 at 7pm.
    Location is open during the day. Feel free to go practice before hand. We will be covering the new format so please be on time so we can get everyone started quickly.
    7:00 pm start
    Machines on location (subject to change); Ghostbusters Premium, Tron Pro, AC/DC Pro, LOTR with dragons, blood, and nudity aka GOT Pro, Dirty Harry, Embryon, The Shadow, Jackbot, The Walking Dead, Bride of Pinbot 2.0
    Mystery Machine : Pending a switch.

Thanks Edmonton for coming out to play some pinball!

IMG_5309 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_5309 (1) (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Hey Derek,

How many guys in your league this year.

#3 7 years ago

Hey pingod,

There are 36 people in the league this year! Calgary is at what 50 now? Great work to you and the Stampede team.

#4 7 years ago

Yep,we are at 50 this year.
    Seems to be running pretty smooth so far,a few glitches we will take care of.

#5 7 years ago

Nice lineup guys! I wish we had some older classics to play in our league lineup in Calgary.

Do you find the older SS games harder to keep running on location vs the newer ones?

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Nice lineup guys! I wish we had some older classics to play in our league lineup in Calgary.
    Do you find the older SS games harder to keep running on location vs the newer ones?

You would have to ask Ninja Boot, but from my experience it's the newer machines that are harder to keep running. Yet to have an issue with a SS that we couldn't fix on the spot. Nice to have the operator in the league.

We are looking for two additional subs tonight. IF anyone is looking for something to do tonight please post here we will contact you via DM or email [email protected]

#7 7 years ago

Looks like the roads are shit. Drive safe, but come out for warm food and cold beer!

#8 7 years ago

Thanks to everyone who made it out! What a great night.

Thanks to Bill at Altitude Amusements and The Yellowhead for being amazing hosts. We know a lot of work goes into maintaining these machines and we had a mostly error free night. Here are the final standings. We will post the official standings to DHPL site shortly. Thanks to Derek who was remote tech support as we learned how to navigate matchplay.events and for being there even if you weren't there. Turnout was amazing given the weather 33/36 people.

Comments? Suggestions? Thoughts about the new format? Machines you love? Hate? We would love to hear it. We appreciate the patience between the 6th and final round getting things working.

Some comments.
    • You love not having to record scores
    • not having to wait long periods of time was a plus
    • the variety of playing with different people was a nice change
    • would like to the display formatted better
    • would be nice to send out the link to the groupings before or the night of the event
    • 6 rounds feels like the right amount

https://www.instagram.com/diehardpinball/

1,Jonathan P
    2,Paul L
    3,Chad L
    4,Tyler D
    5,Elie K
    6,Jessica K
    7,William L
    8,Paul S
    9,Erin P
    10,Rick H
    10,Ryan J
    12,Dave F
    12,Jordan P
    14,Gary K
    15,David B
    16,Mark S
    17,Jason Z
    18,Winston T (Sub Lauren W)
    19,Michael M
    20,Jason W
    20,Mike K
    22,Ian M
    23,Dale K
    24,Jackson K
    25,Brett S
    25,Thomas B
    27,Mike W (Sub Jason P)
    28,Derek S (Sub Adrienne M)
    29,Robert V
    30,Sandra Von S
    31,Chris Von S
    32,Gary H

#9 7 years ago

Congrats Puck,nice showing for the first meeting.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks Pingod,
    Back to basics. Less tilting, more picking shots, less aggressive play, and Derek not showing up all helped.

#11 7 years ago

Big plus on DRT not being there
    I need to do the same,sucking this year.

See how I do there for Provincials,and TPF in March.

#12 7 years ago

YEGPIN is not me believe it or not, it is the social media team, I didn't even know this thread existed until today lol

Quoted from pingod:

Hey Derek,
    How many guys in your league this year.

The result have been submitted to the IFPA you should be able to see them tomorrow.

The point standings are located here:

http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?page_id=578

See you at the next event!!!!

#13 7 years ago

Fantastic win Puck - especially since you were doing it all - league night co-ordinator, rules, scoring and playing! Congrats!!

#14 7 years ago

Sounds like a fun evening of pinball...I sure do miss league nights

#15 7 years ago

Just to comment:

- would be nice to send out the link to the groupings before or the night of the event

Unfortunately this cannot be done, as people that do not show up by 7:00PM or do not tell us they are late get removed from the groupings and are ineligible for play that night. This is so we do not have groupings of 1 or 2 players for the people that do not show up. We will work on displaying this as quickly as we can but players have the option of showing up till 7:00 if we do not know you are coming or not then we wait till 7:00 before finalizing the random program for groups.

The golden rule is if you are not there let us know, if you are going to be late let us know, if you are late and do not tell us and you show up you will be ineligible for play that night, sorry but we have no flexibility once the games start.

#16 7 years ago

Please congratulate the 16 competitors that will be competing to find out who is the 2017 Alberta Provincial Pinball Champion. See you all at Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton for the finals they start at 12:00pm on Feb 11, 2017, feel free to come out if you are looking to watch the best players in the province play.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#17 7 years ago

Congrats to everyone who made the top 16

1 week later
    #18 7 years ago

Just a reminder that we have event #2 on tap tomorrow, with a new machine in play Fireball Classic!!!! Get there early if you want some practice on it before league play. As always email or text if you can't show and we will try our best to find a spare.

#19 7 years ago

Good times again tonight. Thanks Bill for making the machines mint to play. Not a single.freakin.issue all night! Thanks!

Congratulations to the top four. Full results to be posted soon.
    Top four going into finals. Erin P, Paul S Derek T, & Bill L
    Finals : Derek, Paul, Erin, Bill

Full results ** coming soon **

#20 7 years ago

IFPA has processed the second event here you go. https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=19034

2 weeks later
    #21 7 years ago

Another great night for pinball we had 36 strong for the event last night, good to see a full house and a lot of great pinball played. Had a four way tie for for the four positions at 38 points out of a possible 42 which is outstanding. In the end thou the defending champ came out on top. All results are here:

Preliminary:

https://matchplay.events/live/dxn9/standings

Playoffs:

https://matchplay.events/live/9v1q/standings

League Standings:

See you all at the next event on February 28, 2017 at the Beercade!!!!

#22 7 years ago

The 2017 Alberta Provincial Pinball Championships are in the books congrats to all the winners.

A Division Champion - Derek Thomson
    A Division 2nd Place - Paul Sinclair
    A Division 3rd Place - Jonathan Puckrin
    A Division Consolation - Ryan James
    B Division Champion - Doug Teale
    B Division Consolation - Chris Von Skopczynski

All results have been posted to the IFPA...

16683811_10212438068136431_7953171538240415471_n (resized).jpg16683811_10212438068136431_7953171538240415471_n (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #23 7 years ago

Event 4 is in the books head to IFPA to check out the standings. Site will be updated once I get access to the website again. Any feedback on the Beercade worth going to again for event 8 any feedback would be great.

#24 7 years ago

Standing have now been updated on the site check it out!!!

2 weeks later
    #25 7 years ago

Congrats to Elie Kushner who won event 5 and the results are up on site and have been added to the IFPA.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=19034

1 month later
    #26 6 years ago

We are looking for at least two people for our league night #7 at Lucky's Lounge in Edmonton at 7:00PM sharp on Tuesday, I have exhausted my list of spares for the event so if you are interested in playing some pinball PM me to let me know, loonie drop is all that is required no entry fee to play.

2 months later
    #27 6 years ago

The Alberta Challenge Cup rosters are now set it is going to be another awesome showdown pitting the best players from the Edmonton and Calgary areas. The event will be hosted by Edmonton this year at Lucky's Lounge on July 22, 2017. Good luck to all of the participants, let the trash talking begin!!!!

https://www.diehardpinball.ca/?page_id=175

https://www.diehardpinball.ca/?event=alberta-challenge-cup-2

Alberta Challenge Cup - Rosters

Die Hard Pinball League (Edmonton)

Player # Player Name WPPR Rank
    1 Derek Thomson 'C' 115
    2 Ryan James 593
    3 Elie Kushner 1195
    4 Paul Labrash 1518
    5 Chad Lucyk 1631
    6 Gilles Touchette 1757
    7 Dale Kemp 2172
    8 Tyler Doty 2423

Stampede City Pinball League (Calgary)

Player # Player Name
    1 Dan Horne 'C' 805
    2 Doug Teale 999
    3 Darren Krywolt 1868
    4 Dave Pidwerbeski 2240
    5 Sheldon Fuchs 2589
    6 Adam Goodwin 2764
    7 John Kottmann 3303
    8 Bryan Fitzpatrick 3441

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

The Alberta Challenge Cup rosters are now set it is going to be another awesome showdown pitting the best players from the Edmonton and Calgary areas. The event will be hosted by Edmonton this year at Lucky's Lounge on July 22, 2017. Good luck to all of the participants, let the trash talking begin!!!!
    https://www.diehardpinball.ca/?page_id=175
    https://www.diehardpinball.ca/?event=alberta-challenge-cup-2
    Alberta Challenge Cup - Rosters
    Die Hard Pinball League (Edmonton)
    Player # Player Name WPPR Rank
    1 Derek Thomson 'C' 115
    2 Ryan James 593
    3 Elie Kushner 1195
    4 Paul Labrash 1518
    5 Chad Lucyk 1631
    6 Gilles Touchette 1757
    7 Dale Kemp 2172
    8 Tyler Doty 2423
    Stampede City Pinball League (Calgary)
    Player # Player Name
    1 Dan Horne 'C' 805
    2 Doug Teale 999
    3 Darren Krywolt 1868
    4 Dave Pidwerbeski 2240
    5 Sheldon Fuchs 2589
    6 Adam Goodwin 2764
    7 John Kottmann 3303
    8 Bryan Fitzpatrick 3441

You are going down DRT

#29 6 years ago

I will say the only times that Calgary has won I was not there, and I am not there this year.... so Calgary has a good shot

#30 6 years ago

Wait! Dan is 805 what!

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Wait! Dan is 805 what!

Second in classics and 5th in the main tournament will do that
    At least it really helped out.
    Where is Jonathan right now,up there with Derek.

#32 6 years ago

We had to give them a chance Puck, with yourself, Paul Sinclair and potentially Ryan James missing from the team this year there is a lot of talent missing on the Edmonton side. But luckily we have a deep squad and the replacements for those qualifiers are going to tear it up!!!!

Quoted from puck:

I will say the only times that Calgary has won I was not there, and I am not there this year.... so Calgary has a good shot

#33 6 years ago

At this point the machine list for the ACC is:

Fish Tales
    ACDC (Pro)
    TWD (Pro)
    Tron (Pro)
    Dirty Harry
    NBA Fastbreak
    Fireball Classic
    Volley

That would leave the following machines for the DHPL Women's Strikeout Tournament

Ghostbusters (Premium)
    MET (Pro)
    GOT (Pro)
    Bride of Pinbot 2.0
    Embryon

So far we have 13 registered ladies for the tournament, can take 7 more lucky ladies, no entry fee and a free prize pool of $250!!!!! You can't beat that, show up and win free money, feel free to sign up at [email protected]

#34 6 years ago

Die Hard Pin Club pin night coordinator stepping in:
    I have that job as my regular one makes league difficult to attend due to a 60+hour work week and working weekends. Derek has asked me to host after party. That will be in my garage Saturday evening, now that we have a power panel and won't end up in the dark. On the list:
    Dirty Harry
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Space Station
    G n R ( I have 3 tix to show here available for purchase too if interested)
    Rob Zombie
    Swords of Fury
    Pinbot
    IJ 93
    High Speed
    F14
    NGG
    Theatre of Magic
    Scared Stiff
    Twilight Zone
    Creech
    SWE1 in RFM cab(it's actually better than I thought, in spite of Jar Jar).
    If I can get some preliminary commitments so we know about how many to expect, see you on the 22!

Ryan

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Die Hard Pin Club pin night coordinator stepping in:
    I have that job as my regular one makes league difficult to attend due to a 60+hour work week and working weekends. Derek has asked me to host after party. That will be in my garage Saturday evening, now that we have a power panel and won't end up in the dark. On the list:
    Dirty Harry
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Space Station
    G n R ( I have 3 tix to show here available for purchase too if interested)
    Rob Zombie
    Swords of Fury
    Pinbot
    IJ 93
    High Speed
    F14
    NGG
    Theatre of Magic
    Scared Stiff
    Twilight Zone
    Creech
    SWE1 in RFM cab(it's actually better than I thought, in spite of Jar Jar).
    If I can get some preliminary commitments so we know about how many to expect, see you on the 22!
    Ryan

I'm in Ryan,put me down for two or three.
    Depends how many women I can get to sign up for the tournament.

#36 6 years ago

Pretty sure we'll have enough beer! Derek said 16 or so,I'm planning for 2 dozen to be safe. Have to contain it to the garage as we have a toddler that will be going to bed around 8 upstairs. He's very good though. Always slept through the night, we got super lucky!

#37 6 years ago

Worst case my in laws only live a block away too, so he could bed down at grandmas.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Worst case my in laws only live a block away too, so he could bed down at grandmas.

Are you talking about Dan (pingod) or the toddler? lol

Sounds like a blast guys, wish I was able to make it.

#39 6 years ago

Our son if it's too loud. We back on to a park, so there's a place to dispose of the bodies. The League will put on a good event at Luckys I'd say. It'll be a great weekend with pinball and the people!

2 weeks later
    #40 6 years ago

The Alberta Challenge Cup - Battle of Alberta was another huge success. Congratulations to the SCPL for taking down DHPL once again on their home turf. Also congratulations to Laura Wheeler who won the first ever IFPA sanctioned Women's Pinball Tournament. I would to thank Bill Lepage for getting all of the machines setup for the event and graciously putting all the games on free play for all to enjoy, please keep on supporting location pinball at Lucky's Lounge as Bill is always very generous in giving back to the pinball community. Would like to thank Volkdrive for hosting the after party event he was kind enough to open his house to all the players and supplied booze and food for the event. Lastly want to thank leagues for all the effort they do to keep competition pinball alive and the support they give on and this a marque event on the calendar that all players in the league now try to strife to qualify for. Looking forward to seeing what Calgary has in store for us next year, thanks again for all the kind words from everyone and great camaraderie it was an event for the ages.

http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?page_id=175

#41 6 years ago

Good times as usual at the event, thanks to all the Calgary guys for coming out! Sorry I couldn't make it out to the after party, hope you guys had a couple beers for me

#42 6 years ago

Big thank you to Diehard pinball and Bill Lepage for hosting.
    Great times for the SCPL,and Micaela Wolf from Calgary.
    Taking second place in the first Canadian all women's tournament.

Great final game for me against DRT,Derek Thomson.
    That was my highest score so far on Volley,forgot to record it
    I knew I needed a big score to beat DRT

Nice to put up my initials on some of your machines to

IMG_3074 (resized).JPGIMG_3074 (resized).JPG

IMG_3076 (resized).JPGIMG_3076 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #43 6 years ago

We want to give a huge thanks to Big J's Arcade as they have signed up as title sponsor for the 2017 Big J's Arcade PinGolf Championship. Based on 36 participants there will be close to $2000 in prize money and trophies awarded in this major championship. In order to register for this exclusive event visit http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?product=pingolf-pin-golf-championship-entry-fee

Place: Lucky's Lounge
    Date: September 9, 2017
    Time: 11:00AM Practice, 12:00PM tee off
    Participants: 36 maximum
    Entry Fee: $40

Below you will find important information about the tournament including how to qualify, tournament format, prize breakdown and more! Any questions please contact the DHPL @ [email protected]

http://www.diehardpinball.ca/?event=2017-dhpl-pingolf-championship

This is one of the best attended, best formats and fun tournaments of the year, you will not want to miss this one, register early to ensure you are registered for this awesome IFPA sanctioned event.

#44 6 years ago

I am in

#45 6 years ago

The official poster for the event.

IMG_0017 (resized).JPGIMG_0017 (resized).JPG

#46 6 years ago

Dang, won't be able to make it to this one, have a wedding that day.

#47 6 years ago

anyone else going tonight?

IMG_0294 (resized).JPGIMG_0294 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #49 6 years ago

League night is tonight at Lucky's Lounge at 7:00pm sharp, we again have a few people missing so if you want to come down and play I am sure we will have spots for you. Pretty sure the league players would appreciate having a spare play for them to get them some points on the night.

#50 6 years ago

I'll only be there until 9 tonight, regardless of how well I'm doing.

There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/edmonton-pinball-league-dhpl-official-thread/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.