6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Worrick69 when saving edits (resized).PNG
#1 6 years ago

I have noticed a very odd little bug. When I go edit a machine, ANY machine, and make any sort of changes, after it's done it should say last edited by me, Isochronic_Frost correct? It will properly show other users, so I'm wondering if this is a case of when the person who does the edits views the edit history it will kick back the wrong name. By the way, the pinsider it shows as last editing it is the same every time it lists worrick69 as the pinsider... very weird
I've linked a few games I edited to test this bug and all still show the same Pinsider when I save.

This is in no way an important bug, just odd and I'm curious what could be the mechanisms of such a weird bug. (While I'm talking of edits there should be a "show edit history" field when editing game archive info)

--------------------------------
Your browser/os information:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.90 Safari/537.36 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

Worrick69 when saving edits (resized).PNGWorrick69 when saving edits (resized).PNG

#2 6 years ago

You found a bug! The database column storing this field was set to smallint(6), meaning a maximum number of 32767 can be stored for that value of last editing user. So a lot of edits will show Pinsider #32767 (guess who that is?) when actually a higher ID Pinsider saved changes. We currently have the highest Pinsider account at #46787, so it surprises me no one found this bug before - it must have been happening for some time! Thanks, should be fixed now.

#3 6 years ago

Awesome! I'm glad I found it, I'm sure anyone else either hadn't bothered to check, or those who saw it didn't care enough to mention it?
Either way, it was a funny bug and I'm glad I found it. Looks like the site has been growing faster than you anticipated, which is a GREAT thing!
...Now where is my "Bug-Squasher/Exterminator" achievement ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 12.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/edit-history-bug and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.